The Uninhabitable Ireland (2 Viewers)

I've not been convinced by the people who claim there will be a big shift in people's mindset after all this. Sure a few people will make some positive changes but the world is going straight back to the greedy selfish world it was.

I've not been convinced by the people who claim there will be a big shift in people's mindset after all this. Sure a few people will make some positive changes but the world is going straight back to the greedy selfish world it was.

I agree with you. A few weeks ago in the family insta it was all like 'shir all you need is home/family/good/food' and that is slowly turning back into 'wont it be great to go skiiing at M&S again'.

And seeing all the shit with the uk and us leaders
Just make it worse. I know plenty more are fucking up to,but the size of the countries and clout they have,and they are getting away with everything....I despair

Would I be right in assuming that long before rising waters submerge us, Ireland is going to start having a gradually worse storm/hurricane season from August -> October as a result of a warmer Atlantic. Now that will be expensive.

Would I be right in assuming that long before rising waters submerge us, Ireland is going to start having a gradually worse storm/hurricane season from August -> October as a result of a warmer Atlantic. Now that will be expensive.

Yep. until when there will be no Gulf Stream or wind Or weather again and it'll just be sun burning us all to death along with some nice famine

This shit is awfully complicated. Melting ice from Greenland might actually cool the northern Atlantic, and the fact that water is fresh probably will affect circulation which in turn affects the Gulf Stream. You'd have to go and look up the climate models to see what they think is most likely

This shit is awfully complicated. Melting ice from Greenland might actually cool the northern Atlantic, and the fact that water is fresh probably will affect circulation which in turn affects the Gulf Stream. You'd have to go and look up the climate models to see what they think is most likely

At the current rate of carbon release,
The Gulf Stream stopping, is the most likely case. Most likely after we dead anyway

At the current rate of carbon release,
The Gulf Stream stopping, is the most likely case. Most likely after we dead anyway
I see you've jumped into the we're all fucked anyway so there's no point doing anything about it form or denial.

But hasn't the latest modelling downgraded the worst case scenario? In really basic terms we're already at 1 degree above pre-industrial levels. But there's a huge difference between 2 and 3 degrees in terms of outcomes so we absolutely have to do everything possible to make sure that happens.

I see you've jumped into the we're all fucked anyway so there's no point doing anything about it form or denial......

That's quite the assumption;
I recycle everyday.
Reuse all old plastic containers.
Try to avoid Buying new items that are packaged in plastic.
Cycle when I can.
Plan to install solar in my new house (whenever that will be)
Convert my car to electric when batteries are more affordable.

(I think the biggest Individual contribution to a greener plant is actually not having kids?)

But what good will all that do When industry won't change / change fast enough?

The government's 'no diesel or Petrol cars by 2030' is fucking laughable. We need action now.
How the fuck are we still able to buy new diesel passenger cars given what we know about their dangerous NOX emissions? Adblue and other additives do mostly fuck all, as VW have found out

(I think the biggest Individual contribution to a greener plant is actually not having kids?)
I actually wouldn't agree with that one (biased I guess). But birth rates are already falling all across the Western world. Interesting piece on it here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back