The Uninhabitable Ireland (1 Viewer)

The courier who is by our office a lot stopped in for the chats today. He's been on the job 25 years or so.

Things he said of interest.

When he began he was doing about 30 drops a day to mostly large businesses.

When he relocated from sligo to galway a few years ago that went to 50.

His current daily is 130 drops sometimes. (sounds inflated??)

On a monday, because of how people buy clothes now he takes more returns than he delivers as people are now buying 5 things in three sizes, having a home fitting session and sending the rest back.

All this in a country with a postal system.

On a monday, because of how people buy clothes now he takes more returns than he delivers as people are now buying 5 things in three sizes, having a home fitting session and sending the rest back.

Asos recently announced that they're going to keep track of their customers returns history. I assume it's related to that

For people living away from urban centres and not served by public transport I suspect it's probably more efficient to get stuff delivered than to be driving to your nearest town to spend your money. Might even be more efficient in towns if people are driving - one person going in a loop between various places instead of lots of people going in and back

For people living away from urban centres and not served by public transport I suspect it's probably more efficient to get stuff delivered than to be driving to your nearest town to spend your money. Might even be more efficient in towns if people are driving - one person going in a loop between various places instead of lots of people going in and back

What, like some kind of postal service?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You know when you know things are bad here? When you're in London and you look in the window of a real estate agent in West Kensington and the rents look reasonable compared to Dublin.

And we're not building sustanable homes, there is still no proper planning...

You know when you know things are bad here? When you're in London and you look in the window of a real estate agent in West Kensington and the rents look reasonable compared to Dublin.

And we're not building sustanable homes, there is still no proper planning...
I was in Harrogate yesterday, the town people in the rest of Yorkshire gasp at with regard to property prices, and same thing, looks reasonable compared to Dublin. And that's at levels 2 to 3 times higher than Leeds.

I was in Harrogate yesterday, the town people in the rest of Yorkshire gasp at with regard to property prices, and same thing, looks reasonable compared to Dublin. And that's at levels 2 to 3 times higher than Leeds.
Harrowgate is a mad place. It's the only place where I've seen these signs instead of the children crossing signs:
2336A0DC00000578-3085621-image-a-25_1431900670016.jpg

Haven't had time to deep dive on it but I suspect its a repackaging of the 2040 thing that nobody cared about with a free ride for the oil and car companies. Getting flames from rural TD PR machine here already.

2bekbc.jpg

VW, headquartered in germany employs 250,000 people (not sure if direct or indirect) and is bound to the state of lower saxony in some kind of legacy/historical semi communist west german protectionist scheme*. They spend 6 billion a year on advertising. Hiring a bunch of scientists to undermine something wouldn't even be noticed in a budget like that, So i'd share the cynicism about the above because it is from Germany and no country in europe is more neck deep in the motor industry.

HOWEVER

I do think electric cars are a non-solution, its still using something 15 times heavier than a person to move a person.

VW, headquartered in germany employs 250,000 people (not sure if direct or indirect) and is bound to the state of lower saxony in some kind of legacy/historical semi communist west german protectionist scheme*. They spend 6 billion a year on advertising. Hiring a bunch of scientists to undermine something wouldn't even be noticed in a budget like that, So i'd share the cynicism about the above because it is from Germany and no country in europe is more neck deep in the motor industry.

HOWEVER

I do think electric cars are a non-solution, its still using something 15 times heavier than a person to move a person.

‘Germany’s growing reliance on coal for electricity generation was also considered in the study.’

Lads, stop fucking burning the coal. Eejits.

We need nuclear power to be clean on a massive scale

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back