The Uninhabitable Ireland (1 Viewer)

It helps that the storage heater in our sitting room is broken and we've never bothered fixing it. Plus to cats who love sitting on me.

The heating only goes on when the office is so cold my hands start to feel it, otherwise I layer up.
Yeah, if I’m working from home I’ll wear jumpers unless I can feel it in my feet or hands, usually an hour boost is enough to keep me good until the rest of the family come home. A hot water bottle works too.

How feasible do you think something like this would be - use facebook ads to gather large groups of voters concerned about climate in constituency and try and force political change by using those peoples' votes. Approach election candidates and say "if you include this shit on your platform then X people in your constituency will give you their number 1"

I meant to answer you properly the other day but I was doing stupid work. I've been harbouring a theory that best way to deal with door to door politicians is literally present them with a contract.

It would give them a bit of space to put in writing whatever they are promising/claiming on the doorstep and have the proviso that if they breach the contract they agree to step down and refuse all further payment immediately. They can say whatever the fuck they like on the doorsteps but most of us can't grease their palms once they are TDs. Either they are going to sign the contract, or they are going to run a mile. Probably the latter, at which point it goes directly on social media that they aren't willing to sign a contract that says what they say.

Carbon tax solution essential to meeting emissions goals

a great mixture of racism, capitalist realism, and people who only want to talk about their own pet theories in the comments.

Ugh, I have thoroughly depressed myself.

How does taxing people for using creating more Carbon make any sense without offering an alternative fuel solution?
Seems like It’s yet another money grab from Fine Gael.

Why the hell isnt there any incentive to retrofit cars with an Electric motor and batteries?
Develop basic kits and have state-wide installation / service garages and start converting all the buses and governmental vehicles and roll out 500% more charging points

How does taxing people for using creating more Carbon make any sense without offering an alternative fuel solution?
Seems like It’s yet another money grab from Fine Gael.

Why the hell isnt there any incentive to retrofit cars with an Electric motor and batteries?
Develop basic kits and have state-wide installation / service garages and start converting all the buses and governmental vehicles and roll out 500% more charging points
Not sure I follow, does the article posted not make the same argument as you, more or less? It's calling for retrofitting the whole country and not making a carbon tax the "defining feature" of any plan.

I'm fascinated with this GeraldKelleher lad in the comments who seems to think that all our problems can be traced back to Newton being wrong:

It does mean revisiting where aspirations of a clockwork solar system got ahead of the stable and noble environment of astronomical method and insights

I have no idea what he's talking about but he's clearly building up to some big reveal.

The thing Eamon Ryan can't say is that we should basically have big lads with sticks beating people out of their cars starting last week if we are to pass anything of value on to our kids. Everything has to phrased in some language that is pervaded by a middle class lifestyle. He's hinting at 'changes' but not in any way that will disrupt a performative green vote. This is still probably 1000x what the last two environment ministers have done, and its politically risky.

This kind really needs to turn into the new repeal/marriage eq if we have any hope at all.

I'm fascinated with this GeraldKelleher lad in the comments who seems to think that all our problems can be traced back to Newton being wrong:

It does mean revisiting where aspirations of a clockwork solar system got ahead of the stable and noble environment of astronomical method and insights

I have no idea what he's talking about but he's clearly building up to some big reveal.

Well he sounds mad. Can’t wait for the big reveal anyway.
Comments section seems to be invisible to me on this phone browser.

The thing Eamon Ryan can't say is that we should basically have big lads with sticks beating people out of their cars starting last week if we are to pass anything of value on to our kids. Everything has to phrased in some language that is pervaded by a middle class lifestyle. He's hinting at 'changes' but not in any way that will disrupt a performative green vote. This is still probably 1000x what the last two environment ministers have done, and its politically risky.

This kind really needs to turn into the new repeal/marriage eq if we have any hope at all.

Yeah it is risky. it’s also a shame Fine Gael don’t really give a flying fuck about anything other than The Economy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back