The Uninhabitable Ireland (2 Viewers)

Finished the book.

Bitcoin uses as much Co2 per year as a million transatlantic flights.

One indie and one FF have piped up in my general sphere both attacking the carbon tax. Its looking like demonising environmental actions might be a solid ticket in the sticks. I completely understand why and how. I'm from the sticks. Its already making me sorta angry though.

Amazing that when you put people in a room they come up with the pro-environment stuff like what @egg_ is posting because fucking everyone is in favour of it, but when they're going door to door they're still trying to rile up everyone with "You too could be the Gordon Gekko being affected by this" talk.

Here's another nugget from the book: the global cost of rapid energy transition from dirty to green, if implemented by 2030, is negative $26 trillion - i.e. that's how much it would save.

Home Page

LIKE RETROFITTING ELECTRIC MOTORS TO CARS

I fell into an internet hole last night and found a company who sell in-hub motors for something like 2000eu. these things claim to be capable of 100kph.

They don't come with batteries but around 1000eu will get you enough batteries to get the 72Volts to run them.

If i had silly amounts of spare money I'd consider doing it with the car I have if the engine ever gives up. of course its showing no signs of that.

Another expense is adding electronics for heating and a system to replace what would be running off the alternator i.e. lights and stuff which are all gonna be 12v.

Didnt look at any of the math for range/batteries etc but i'd suspect it'd be up to short commuting.

E-Car Hub Motor - qs-motor.com

I fell into an internet hole last night and found a company who sell in-hub motors for something like 2000eu. these things claim to be capable of 100kph.

They don't come with batteries but around 1000eu will get you enough batteries to get the 72Volts to run them.

If i had silly amounts of spare money I'd consider doing it with the car I have if the engine ever gives up. of course its showing no signs of that.

Another expense is adding electronics for heating and a system to replace what would be running off the alternator i.e. lights and stuff which are all gonna be 12v.

Didnt look at any of the math for range/batteries etc but i'd suspect it'd be up to short commuting.

E-Car Hub Motor - qs-motor.com

Yeah not bad. I figure I want my car to do a trip from Dublin to Donegal so need a range of up to 300km so looking at a 60 KWH motor and a hape of batteries.
It’s a fun rabbit hole because looking at the state of some of the people doing it means it can’t be that hard. RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!

What can we practically do in Ireland considering we are doing NOTHING and failing to meet all our carbon/climate/whatever targets?

Who should I vote for if I make saving the planet my 100% voting reason? I am convinced by the argument that politely asking people to personally recycle and eat less meat won't do anything.

Or do I just go full on nihilism?
I'm reading this book. It's really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back