The Twin Peaks Thread (1 Viewer)

Scuppered

giphy.gif

Showtimes Statement on it

“We were saddened to read David Lynch’s statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points. Showtime also loves the world of‘Twin Peaks" and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm.”

..watched through TP several times over the last 25 years, most recently after being gifted the Gold Box Edition - It still looks incredible and was extremely brave TV for its place in time ... while its endurance is obvious, chunks of both series suffer in retrospect... this could be down to tedious subplots but what probably sticks out is the casting - Most of the senior and seasoned actors are wonderful and carry it effortlessly ( Piper Laurie is a joy to watch )... but some of the younger cast seem like they simply visually fit into Lynch's 50s fetish jerkoff... that's is fair enough if it's the chosen aesthetic but it doesn't excuse hammy acting... Dana Ashbrook, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sheryl Lee and James Marshall are all pretty painful to watch... particular ire is reserved for the casting of Leo Johnson... a finely conceived character in the wrong hands... Eric Da Re never struck me as a convincing bad guy... I guess these things will happen when your mother is the casting agent...

..watched through TP several times over the last 25 years, most recently after being gifted the Gold Box Edition - It still looks incredible and was extremely brave TV for its place in time ... while its endurance is obvious, chunks of both series suffer in retrospect... this could be down to tedious subplots but what probably sticks out is the casting - Most of the senior and seasoned actors are wonderful and carry it effortlessly ( Piper Laurie is a joy to watch )... but some of the younger cast seem like they simply visually fit into Lynch's 50s fetish jerkoff... that's is fair enough if it's the chosen aesthetic but it doesn't excuse hammy acting... Dana Ashbrook, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sheryl Lee and James Marshall are all pretty painful to watch... particular ire is reserved for the casting of Leo Johnson... a finely conceived character in the wrong hands... Eric Da Re never struck me as a convincing bad guy... I guess these things will happen when your mother is the casting agent...
I probably said it before in this thread but the first time I saw Twin Peaks I was convinced, for a few episodes anyway, that James Hurley was supposed to be suffering from a serious intellectual disability

Hurley-James.jpg

did someone post this already?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was always more of a Norma and Audrey girl, but they're all gorgeous and still are

peggy-lipton-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back