The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
I mean go ahead and input information through the interfaces and watch it carry out actions based on how it computes that information and calibrates itself based on human i/o but i'll totally be in your 'it's not a computer' gang if you want.

I mean go ahead and input information through the interfaces and watch it carry out actions based on how it computes that information and calibrates itself based on human i/o but i'll totally be in your 'it's not a computer' gang if you want.

interfaces?
you mean a single throttle?

there is a system, yes.

certain inputs yield certain putouts.

but by your definition, so is a guitar.....

a system which takes one input of information and manipulates it to produce a different set of information, in a systematic way, would be a computer, i'd guess?

Call me outlandish, but something that computes is a computer.

wether it does that with an integrated circuit or a physical circuit isn't a delineator for it being a computer or not.

Pedantic, but true.

Outlandish

The only things a CPU-less engine varies is the how much fuel to use and what speed to run at.
Which is controlled via the throttle and Transmission. Both are predetermined via user controlled throttle and gear selection and factory set specifications.
No other inputs to be computed.

If I have a analogue temperature probe in a glass of water, is that a computer?

Thanks drove on the M50 for the first time in about 20 months - what’s the deal with the speed limit? Screens all the way along it reducing the speed to 60 for most of it today.

Thanks drove on the M50 for the first time in about 20 months - what’s the deal with the speed limit? Screens all the way along it reducing the speed to 60 for most of it today.

theyre there to prevent you progressing too quickly and spread trafffic out to reduce tailbacks. i think.

probably old news to a few of ye but new to me

google maps / settings / navitgations settings / prefer fuel efficient routes

Is in the settings. No idea how long it's been there, i got the first 'leaf' on my maps this week.

Went to court to contest a parking ticket I got in Dun Laoghaire and won. Had to take the morning off work, wasn't heard til after 2pm and got another ticket for my trouble. All over a €40 fine. Pyrrhus would be proud of my principles. I'll be contesting the second one too.

Downside is I don't get to say I fought DLR and DLR won.

Three new road traffic offences are also to take effect from tomorrow:
Misuse of a disabled parking permit (€200)
Illegally parking in an electric charging bay (€80)
HGVs entering a specified public road without a valid permit (€200)

Three new road traffic offences are also to take effect from tomorrow:
Misuse of a disabled parking permit (€200)
Illegally parking in an electric charging bay (€80)
HGVs entering a specified public road without a valid permit (€200)

Misuse of parking space would be a much better one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back