The Thumped Motoring Forum (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
i went to submit a reading recently and then got told in my online Electic ireland account thingy thatits read automagically. grand.
tried to have a look at alternative rates or even just checking out the options and i couldnt find shit.

is the point of the smart meter that it selects the best tarriff for you based on your average useage??
you have to "activate" it on Electric Ireland website.

Our Leaf still hasn't arrived, we were told it would be May.

A friend who ordered a Hyundai EV two weeks after us has just got a call to say that ALL orders are now cancelled.

Also, sold the Fiesta today, €1900. Nice chap bought it.
you were lucky you ordered when you did. apparently the estimated delivery time, if you order one now, is sept 2023.

I did no such thing 🤔
Forget everything I said. I've just been back on the site and I can not work out how to do it. I found a page by accident and can't get back to it. So I did what any sane person would do... and wrote to them telling them how unusable their site is.... Stay tuned

There is no way to change plan to smart meter in the dumb EI website. In frustration I signed up as a new customer. ZERO response, automated or otherwise. I just spend a couple of days phoning them and eventually got through to someone who looked me up on the system. "oh I see you applied back in ... that's take a couple of weeks".

Holy shit people.

In other news, the car should be picked up by us today. It's been a journey already!

well, that was poxy fucking timing. took the car to the NCT - the car has always been reliable, was serviced last week, so did the usual and drove it for 20 mins to get it up to temp, and into the NCT centre and booked it in. and when the mechanic came out to collect it, it wouldn't start.
well, it would; the engine would catch, run for a second or two, and die. no lights at all on the main instrument cluster. the NCT mechanic reckoned it was an immobiliser fault, and left it sit for a few mins, but that didn't fix it. he arranged to have my test cancelled with a full refund.
i rang my mechanic who has a tow truck and (poxy timing again) he's currently on his way down the country on holidays. he suggested disconnecting the battery for five minutess and reconnecting it; thank god i found a leatherman in the car so was able to do it, and the car started after reconnecting it, albeit with an airbag warning light. so at least i got it home without it being on the back of a tow truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back