The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10

It's up. We just put €650 into this thing and it drives like butter. (guitarist gag there).

there was a lad on boards.ie asking about car hire, a family he knows is looking for a seven seater in dublin - coming in a *six fucking grand* for two weeks.
then someone found this.

carhire.png

I want to put a new stereo into the Corolla but getting the old one out looks to be a pain in bollix.. involving buying tools

arrgh

I want to put a new stereo into the Corolla but getting the old one out looks to be a pain in bollix.. involving buying tools

arrgh
I looked at similar
The absolute pain in the hoop of pulling off the dash and everything else you have to do

Still procrastinating on it

Yeah its a cunt of a yoke.. held in with 4 recessed 10mm screws

If I had the ratchet and elongated extension 10 mm socket I'd probably do it but I'm sick of buying single use tools ..

I'm genuinely considering just jemmying the thing outta there and nailing on some new plywood facia . Its just plastic wouldnt take much to whip her out

Yer not wrong

All that work is mainly about protecting the integrity of the plastic housing surrounding the radio
No reason it couldn't be cut out and a creative/decorative alternative put back in place of the removed part

Ooh..thats not bad idea..a little touch here and there with the mini angle grinder would keep it tidy

I'm gonna order a wiring harness..that motherfuckers coming out ghetto style.

I already have the head unit to install

Watch out I'm about to save €30

Yeah its a cunt of a yoke.. held in with 4 recessed 10mm screws

If I had the ratchet and elongated extension 10 mm socket I'd probably do it but I'm sick of buying single use tools ..

I'm genuinely considering just jemmying the thing outta there and nailing on some new plywood facia . Its just plastic wouldnt take much to whip her out

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ha yer mans channel is gas..check out how long this corolla keeps going for

He built a house out of shipping containers and steel and i followed that.
Just looked at that
It's a great watch
Looking at that radio swap, he could come off like he's kind of a goof - with the chainsaw and the grinder and so on.
But that video where he plans out the shipping container building (and the models!), the guy is for real.
Doesn't seem to be someone who sees problems or obstacles, only ways forward

Thanks for that

PLugged all the data @pete put up about his electric automobile into a spreadsheet and made a few formulas and essentially if 2nd hand leafs, even with 80% batteries on them hit around 4500 on the second hand market it'd be break even for me to have two cars over the next 4-5 years, just using the one i have for the long runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back