The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
the car has developed a very obvious rattle from the rear left when driving over any small bumps in the road. appeared quite suddenly, as in it wasn't there when i was in the car at 5pm but was definitely there at half seven. needless to say, if i look under the car with a torch i can't see a damn thing which looks obvious.

Ball joints?

Is it an old car? It looks like it came off a classic.

Also, have you noticed that your middle finger and ring finger are the same length?

Looks like it was waterproof coated, which means that once that coating cracks it starts trapping moisture inside the coating meaning it stays permawet. The coating works great till it cracks basically.

They can run pretty well with one break in them. Does either end have any recent shear on it?

i'm bringing it back in a couple of weeks to have them replaced, he'd pointed out the last time i'd had the car serviced that this had happened and it's an NCT fail if spotted. apprently it's reasonably common; the younger chap in the garage reached immediately for the right spot when he heard 'rattle from the rear left' as the car was going up on the hoist.
as they pointed out, some people pay to have their car lowered. mine is so cool it does it itself.

He kinda does this video every year - here's the latest.

I suspect he's using american gallons though..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

his stated average of 25mpg is the equivalent of a shade over 10km/l. nearly 10l/100km.
that'd be quite high compared to a european car, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back