The Thumped Motoring Forum (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
I have the bike rack on a permo now, anywhoooo was transporting me and mate to do a spin at the weekend and extra tightened it pre-empting the extra weight. bent the top of the bootlid in doing so. going to beat the shit out of it with a lump of wood and hammer tomorrow.

I have the bike rack on a permo now, anywhoooo was transporting me and mate to do a spin at the weekend and extra tightened it pre-empting the extra weight. bent the top of the bootlid in doing so. going to beat the shit out of it with a lump of wood and hammer tomorrow.
It must be so liberating to have a car you don't give a shit about

It must be so liberating to have a car you don't give a shit about

I never bothered doing this properly, i bent it with my hand and that seamed to seal it again enough.

Anyways, after around 7 years of being the best car I've ever owned it finally has come to an end.
Felt oddly underpowered the other morning so I dropped it in at lunchtime. 1 of 4 cyclinders has completley lost compression meaning that a valve has cracked or similar. Rediculously it's still driving kinda grand with 25% of the engine missing and if I hadn't mapped out a load of summer trips i'd have just ran it to see how long it would function like that. Anywhoo bought a massive mpv as a compromise of not a van not really being in range - Bought an old one with enough NCT on it to see out the summer, zero intention of even trying to pass it through - if it does till about mid october were all good.

TLDR I now have a car I give less of a shit about than the last one. I kinda did give a shit about that one but also I never was expecting a resale value.

I changed the air filter on mine yesterday. It's like a new engine

Lads, this thread still terrifies me. I bought the most boring, sensible car conceivable. A Honda Jazz, in lovely granny white. With a tow bar for some reason, which is interesting since it can barely pull itself up the hills around here. It's a bit of a step down from that insane Mazda3 yoke I was driving shtate-side.

I'm such a terrible driver. I've managed to get through the sweating with fear and collapsing asleep immediately afterwards stage of driving, and am now merely quite tense. I'd be back on bikes, in the pissings of rain and mud and all, in a moment if I didn't have to haul around other people and large boxes of crap all the time. Even though bikes or motorbikes clearly aren't safer, I feel way safer on two wheels.

My Dad used to warn me about my refusal to learn how to drive cars when I was young enough to learn properly. Might have been right. I'm fucking rubbish.

Hate my poxy car. It's a pipe dream but I started browsing last night. Would love to feel confident enough about charging stations to get a full electric.

She flew through it not a bother.

Good straight car.Miser on peteriddle.Tight driver. Won't be faulted. No texts or whats yer last price messin'. First to see will buy.

Driving my girlfriend's 2014 Hyundai xi the other day when it suddenly started acting up; like a piece of metal was rattling around in the engine bay and it would not go into gear.

Turns out the gearbox is fucked

It's going to cost 1,100 to fix

She just started a new job and won't get paid for a month so I will be footing the bill

amateur

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I almost bought a van today. I'm seriously considering it at this stage

the car has developed a very obvious rattle from the rear left when driving over any small bumps in the road. appeared quite suddenly, as in it wasn't there when i was in the car at 5pm but was definitely there at half seven. needless to say, if i look under the car with a torch i can't see a damn thing which looks obvious.

the car has developed a very obvious rattle from the rear left when driving over any small bumps in the road. appeared quite suddenly, as in it wasn't there when i was in the car at 5pm but was definitely there at half seven. needless to say, if i look under the car with a torch i can't see a damn thing which looks obvious.
get a man in

Bearings or bushings maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back