The Thumped Motoring Forum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
it's got some great potential for comedy - the kids are from two different families, so i can see the parents of the five year old claiming that the seven year old is the ringleader, or someone looking for recompense being met with 'how do you know it was my kid who did it, could have been the other kid'.

question regarding those lovely speed vans

got caught off guard earlier and only noticed one as I was within 50m or so

However, it was on the other side of the road. i.e. I was driving towards the front of the van

Is the camera that catches you set up at the back? If so, am I sound if my speed was on point when I passed it
also, i think yer man was in the driver seat at the time, so does that mean the thing wasn't set up at that stage?

question regarding those lovely speed vans

got caught off guard earlier and only noticed one as I was within 50m or so

However, it was on the other side of the road. i.e. I was driving towards the front of the van

Is the camera that catches you set up at the back? If so, am I sound if my speed was on point when I passed it
also, i think yer man was in the driver seat at the time, so does that mean the thing wasn't set up at that stage?

I think they're often set up on small roads to catch both directions. But if you were exactly on point speed wise you've nothing to worry about;
99% of vehicles have their odometer clocked at -10% of actual trading and also there is a small leniency of under 5kmph tolerance.

You'll be grand

I think they're often set up on small roads to catch both directions. But if you were exactly on point speed wise you've nothing to worry about;
99% of vehicles have their odometer clocked at -10% of actual trading and also there is a small leniency of under 5kmph tolerance.

You'll be grand
Well, on point as in I was going 60 passing the van but fifty metres up the road was going 70 or so. Just curious as to how they clock cars

is it not that 10% is the max allowable overestimation, rather than what the manufacturers actually build in?

This 👇🏼

I’ve always wondered why those signs that tell you how fast you’re going never match the speed on the display.

The reduction Is built in to your car. There is also a tolerance given by gardaí

speedos are allowed overestimate your speed, but not to underestimate it. the tolerance of underestimation is built in to allow people putting different sized tyres on the car which changes what the speedo will read.

Mine looked to be in the region of 5% off today comparing dash speedy to gps speedo.

I just read wiki and

TLDR

They have to have an error because tires wear down and it reads the speed before the tire.

Backed into a bollard ages ago and busted the read bumper and back light. Not even that badly, all the lights still work and the bumper has a bit of a tear. Anyway my bodywork fixer guy has been try to source a second hand bumper for ages. To the point where we just want to order a new one. Turns out it'll cost EU850! That's a MAJOR complaint.

Backed into a bollard ages ago and busted the read bumper and back light. Not even that badly, all the lights still work and the bumper has a bit of a tear. Anyway my bodywork fixer guy has been try to source a second hand bumper for ages. To the point where we just want to order a new one. Turns out it'll cost EU850! That's a MAJOR complaint.

what car is it, a bleedin Bentley?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back