The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Got my first automatic on thursday. Still leaning left arm across looking for gear stick.

Takes some getting used to.

My car’s Single indicator/wiper stalk is on the RHS of steering wheel.
My workvan has the indicators on the left and wipers on the right.

Keeps happening where I’d be driving my car and trying to indicate and not hitting anything at all with my left hand.

I also broke my steering lock on my car with the force I had to remove the steering wheel with when replacing it a few months ago (the factory one is like 17 inches and I could barely see over it). I also installed a quick release steering wheel hub as a security measure to replace the steering lock.
Also replaced the auto gear stick with a nice wooden one to match the trim and new wooden wheel.

Sorting out a GPS tracker now that will charge off the switched 12v supply and stay charged for about 6 weeks between charges

Takes some getting used to.

My car’s Single indicator/wiper stalk is on the RHS of steering wheel.
My workvan has the indicators on the left and wipers on the right.

Keeps happening where I’d be driving my car and trying to indicate and not hitting anything at all with my left hand.

I also broke my steering lock on my car with the force I had to remove the steering wheel with when replacing it a few months ago (the factory one is like 17 inches and I could barely see over it). I also installed a quick release steering wheel hub as a security measure to replace the steering lock.
Also replaced the auto gear stick with a nice wooden one to match the trim and new wooden wheel.

Sorting out a GPS tracker now that will charge off the switched 12v supply and stay charged for about 6 weeks between charges

FAke news.

Mercedes don't have indicators.

You’re mixing up BMW & Mercedes.

I think Audi have moved into the awful driver market too, my cyclist ranking puts BMW or basically any SUV way above anything in terms of being complete oblivious dicks. Mercedes have kinda moved down a bit because they've cornered the hyper civil old people market.

Been really curious recently how expansion of cars hasn't been really taken on board. Like a BMW SUV is longer than a MK1 ford transit.

I think Audi have moved into the awful driver market too, my cyclist ranking puts BMW or basically any SUV way above anything in terms of being complete oblivious dicks. Mercedes have kinda moved down a bit because they've cornered the hyper civil old people market.

Been really curious recently how expansion of cars hasn't been really taken on board. Like a BMW SUV is longer than a MK1 ford transit.
Presume you still get a bus lane permit with all of the above?

I find those big BMW X5/gt/x6 all Hilariously big. Stewart lee should drive one for his comedy vehicle

Audi drivers mostly wankers indeed

volvo claim no-one is going to die in their cars made after 2020*. they have achieved that already with the XC90, it's so big that hitting anything normal in it would be like driving an oil tanker into a bus stop. it's the guts of 5'10" tall.

*not sure if they're including 'sticking a hose from the tailpipe through the window' in that claim.

got a puncture and had to use the tyre repair kit the car came with to get home. just replaced all 4 tyres a few months back. more bleedin money.

My new car smells like a hobos cax . I was wondering why there was 6 air fresheners danging off the mirror

Caveat Emptor

check for mouse villiages in the alcoves.
I'll leave a mousetrap in it and see what happens
The previous owner was a bricklayer or something by the state he left the car in.

A dirty auld smelly rothmans puffing bricklayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back