The Thumped Motoring Forum (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
NCT this morning. Car broke down as I was leaving no the driveway. I flagged a guy down to help me push it back off the road. Got it started again, but it's not running well enough to risk the drive. I think the fan belt is slipping. Too dark to see right now.

Balls anyway

Turns out my battery was fucked. It wasn't generating or retaining sufficient charge. The mechanic suggested taking it out and attaching it to a trickle charger for a day but I decided to just replace it. Can't be taking any more chances. SO all I need to do now is replace a bulb a the back light. Even I can handle that

Turns out my battery was fucked. It wasn't generating or retaining sufficient charge. The mechanic suggested taking it out and attaching it to a trickle charger for a day but I decided to just replace it. Can't be taking any more chances. SO all I need to do now is replace a bulb a the back light. Even I can handle that
Before
shiny.jpg
After
fire.jpg

Fuck it. I replaced two burnt out looking bulbs on the rear left, but the light still not working. The indicator is fine, just no brake or reverse lights. Could it be a fuse?

Does it say on the handbook?

Or buy a Haynes manual
The 96 SPis tend to have weird fuse configurations so my manual isn't much use. I'm told I could detect a dodgy fuse if I had a multi-meter- currently on sale in Lidl for 12 euro. If I wasn't intending on flogging the car I'd invest in one.
I'm also told it could be an earthing problem or a cracked wire.

I feel another trip to the mechanic coming on

The 96 SPis tend to have weird fuse configurations so my manual isn't much use. I'm told I could detect a dodgy fuse if I had a multi-meter- currently on sale in Lidl for 12 euro. If I wasn't intending on flogging the car I'd invest in one.
I'm also told it could be an earthing problem or a cracked wire.

I feel another trip to the mechanic coming on

A mulitmeter can be used for checking guitar cables, not the worst thing to have lying around. I don't really know how many computers are in old minis but I'd expect the 25 is the ignition, and that its probably one of the tens, but sometimes the computers have a celebrity meltdown when you take out the wrong thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back