The Thumped Motoring Forum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
I've always been lucky so far changing bulbs,even had to change a whole headlight and it was straightforward enough.

I'm sure there's a youtube video showing how.

@pete - It's a really easy job! It's specific to the type of car, but there'll defo be a youtube on how to do it, as @GARYXKNIFEDX says. The only thing to consider is that you need to be careful how you manoeuvre the light itself during the process...too much movement can throw the focus out, which can make you have a minor fail at the next NCT, and be irritating to drive past at night time.
This might help (haven't looked at it mind you):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happened to us recently - we've both been replacing bulbs ourselves for years, in general the pre-NCT guys have fixed the focus for us without mentioning it. We got snared at the last NCT - but the guy actually fixed it for us during the test and let us through. It was brilliant.

Last edited:
So anyway i took the faulty one out and bought a matching pair in halfords and decided to install the faulty one there and then myself. in the blanch centre car park. in the dark. It did not go very well.

30 minutes later i finally had it in... and then the other one stopped working.

Bought a van, disposing of the car relatively soon. First impressions, very chill on motorway, doesn't feel fast which kinda explains the whole van man thing. Fuel tank is rediculously big compared t a car for humans. haphazard camper van project is imminent.

Just dropped into the garage for a look over by my furiously competent* mechanic. I'm guessing 1500 and welcoming bets. Closest to the figure gets 'winner'.

*he's actually excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back