The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Can't get insured without my car passing the nct. The test is booked for Monday. It won't pass. The dumb company graciously insured me til Tuesday.

Fucks sake. That's some catch22 situation they've landed you in. No insurance, no test. No NCT, no insurance.

Stupid system

Seriously looking to change the car. I just can't get over this €670 tax.
Has anyone ever bought a car in the North or from England? We were up north recently and the cars seem to have a higher spec. Like, we saw a Skoda Oktavia estate that looked swisher than a beemer.
Standard border move. Not sure my folks buy any cars in ROI. Anything extra on a car is another thing that can break and cost time/money fyi.

NCT booked for Thursday. Two new front tyres, rebuilt front brakes and suspension. Now that the suspension is sorted and the front of the car isn't looking at the ground I have to swap out my extra bright headlight bulbs for standard . So my only concern is the fecking emissions again.

Last time I got it through by driving hard up and down the dual carriageway for a couple of hours before the test and filling the tank with diptane. So fingers crossed that works again.

Yea I didn't bother getting the window fixed because I thought that would be the least of its problems. I told the guy in the centre that I was surprised and he said, "no, it's great car."
I'm looking forward to not having to open the door to get Car Park tickets out of the machine though, it has to be said.

Jesus christ all this talk of NCTs is stressing me the fuck out..and I'm DOE! Which is the same thing only dearer

I got a full NCT car wash yesterday, €15, so all the underside and wheel arches were spotless. I'm convinced that helped.
I think so too. I'm giving it a good clean tomorrow and hoping all the shiny new(ish) stuff I've put on recently will convince the tester it's a solid roadworthy car.

I put a secret weapon on this morning
afhs09_magic_tree_air_freshener_blue_new_car_scent.jpg

Wondering if the forecasted awful weather will affect the NCT , and if so will it be for the good or for the bad.

Probably not though. The multiple issues with the car will have a more likely affect.

Sure they do it indoors...maybe the car will benefit from the central heating

edit:

"surcharge of €11.50 will apply in the case of a re-test."

Could be worse

which is turning into my motto for the day

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back