The Thumped Motoring Forum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
I like the show but the amount of time, money and effort they put in to make tiny profits really annoys me. I'd prefer it if the premise of the show wasn't about making a profit, but was just about car restoration.
By the way, I saw Mike Brewer in town one day. My mate pointed at him and shouted in a broad Dublin drawl "WHEELER DEALER!" He looked a bit frightened. He'd dropped into the pub my band was playing in, not to see us but to check out the Paul Weller photo exhibition the pub was showing.

Fucking mods.

Wheeler Dealers is amazing.

My Da reckons yer man is a a genius

pxKLe

knew this thread was a bad idea.

very busy day. exhaust snapped. spent an hour in an exhaust garage trying to get it fixed, which involved cable ties, "haven't got the part in stock. book you in for the 28th?" and me driving to newbridge, kilcock, dalkey, east wall and malahide, sounding like a boy racer but with the thrust of a milk float.

Suspension gone on passenger side. I got new cones a few weeks ago but it's gone again. Had to cancel this week's NCT over it. My mechanic says he might have a set of adjustable high-lows so fingers crossed. The body kit is scraping off every little rise and bump on the road. There'll be nothing left of it if it goes on.

Seriously looking to change the car. I just can't get over this €670 tax.
Has anyone ever bought a car in the North or from England? We were up north recently and the cars seem to have a higher spec. Like, we saw a Skoda Oktavia estate that looked swisher than a beemer.

Has anyone ever bought a car in the North or from England? We were up north recently and the cars seem to have a higher spec. Like, we saw a Skoda Oktavia estate that looked swisher than a beemer.

Talk to Mark, think they made out like bandits buying up North

Mrs Ammonis bought her car when she was living up there and had very little trouble re-registering it down here when she left. Worked out a lot cheaper than down here.

Plus, a lot of second hand dealers here buy in the UK, bring them in and then mark them up so if you can make the trip up and find what you like, you'll save a few grand all for the effort of filling in the import forms yourself.

UK Cars have always been much higher spec.
Typical rip off republic here

Anxiously awaiting a call from my mechanic to let me know if my suspension issue is a quick fix or a major issue.

My nerves,,,

not sure if this belongs here or in wtf:

Stray cattle killed after causing car pile-up on M3 motorway

Stray cattle on the southbound carriageway of the M3 near Dunshaughlin, Co Meath, caused a multi-vehicle crash early on Friday morning, prompting the closure of the motorway in both directions.

The cattle are understood to have strayed onto the motorway southbound carriageway from a nearby location, believed to be a field, close to 6am. A vehicle hit an animal, followed by several other vehicles hitting several other animals.

According to gardaí, up to five cattle were killed in the pile-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back