The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
This thread is a bit depressing for me as I've been taken off the road due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. I have to be a year seizure-free and signed off by a neurologist to drive now. I think I have until the end of March before I can get behind the wheel. We got a new car (Skoda Superb estate) and while it's lovely to be driven around in, I really miss the freedom of being able to drive.
sorry to hear this. driving is a necessity for me and, thankfully, still mostly enjoyable. yr a prime candidate for a self-drive car - are they looking for guinea-pigs? (lemmings?)

I took my little girl into Zaytoon earlier for what has now become a father daughter kebab ritual..and if that wasn't enough to make a man almost burst with pride...when I was driving up Fishamble Street looking for parking,as we passed by a handicapper spot she reminded me that we were in my folks Skoda,with a big dirty disabled sticker in the window!

The kid is fucking gifted.

Same here. Due tomorrow. Going to call them in a while and set up a payment plan. No way I can afford to pay it in one go.

Lots of strange new noises and shudders in the Nailer mobile these days.
I'm getting anxious to change it.
I fear I won't mange to change it before something catastrophic happens, and then I'll be really fucked.

I took my little girl into Zaytoon earlier for what has now become a father daughter kebab ritual..and if that wasn't enough to make a man almost burst with pride...when I was driving up Fishamble Street looking for parking,as we passed by a handicapper spot she reminded me that we were in my folks Skoda,with a big dirty disabled sticker in the window!

With only able bodied people in the car?

I'm afraid if that's a case you deserve a fuck you!!!!!!

as does anyone who applauded you for it.

No.

My window fixed itself, but there's a bit of a mechanical squeaky noise when I'm driving about. I'm waiting for the suspension to break and die.

Met my neighbour last with the bonnet on his new car up. He's got the NCT today but all the dashboard lights were lit up and wouldn't turn off even without the key in the ignition.

We ended up trying to disconnect the negative on the battery cable so he could stop it sucking power all night. Nut was jammed on like buggery. Snapped my crappy maplins socket set trying to loosen it.

Right pair of chumps.

This thread is a bit depressing for me as I've been taken off the road due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. I have to be a year seizure-free and signed off by a neurologist to drive now. I think I have until the end of March before I can get behind the wheel.

Happened a friend of mine last year.

He was off for 6 months - but no seizures since and is back driving gain now.

My offer of a ligft to work was politely ignored for some reason (ie my chronic lateness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back