The Thumped Motoring Forum (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
currently driva a diesel. So much better oon fuel consuumption than the last petrol car. Not so much in dublin, but when we go to inlaw''s in Mayo, really see the diference.
Lovely car to drive.

132 Astra
1.8.Diesal
I had 2 Astras, great cars. One day I'll get another Astra Estate, 07 or 08 design.

I had a Vectra. The steering and handling was terrible. More than once I sailed past my turn off because it simply didn't want to go that way. Over 60 mph it felt like driving a spaceship reentering the atmosphere. Quite fun , if a little terrifying.

Johnny are you still on MPH?

I have not got a clue what 60 mph is.
I can drive 80 kph with my eyes closed

Johnny are you still on MPH?

I have not got a clue what 60 mph is.
I can drive 80 kph with my eyes closed
My current car is MPH. Which might explain my penalty points for speeding.

My current car is MPH. Which might explain my penalty points for speeding.
Aargghh..pain. I am penalty point free happily

Whenever I slip over the border for a few bargains I don't know wtf speed to be driving cos my speedo is metric as fuck

My tax and insurance are due this month, with the insurance being due the day before payday next week. I'm already into my overdraft.

Working in this country is like running to stand still. But that's for another thread.

Thats interesting...we always called them hard-chaws!
Either way I havent heard the term in yizzonks its great.
I recently became aware that in Britain they are sometimes reffered to as "roadmen" which I also love.
slang-related question--did any of you ever hear of calling the middle bit of the bread the 'pet'? as in the bit that's not crust. i heard it in cork once and everyone acted like it wasn't mad to have a word for that.

oh yea the parking sensor stopped working ages ago
the sun roof has two opening options, only one of them works.
Rear left window doesn't work.
Entire inside of the left read door feels like it is about to fall off and so the door needs to be slammed to shut properly.
Smell of dog

an ode to a shit car:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

05 kia rio (long boot), 178,000 miles. originally the family car until i purloined it for work two years ago due to oil/alternator issues with the van. became so full of spiders that my wife and kids refused to travel in it (hence the peugeot up thread).
fuel light broken (discovered when i ran out of fuel); exhaust has a broken bracket so it rattles loudly when idling; driver's door only opens from the inside so you have to reach in the rear right door to open the front; head gasket oil leak (1 litre every 2-3 weeks); rear wiper doesn't work; boot won't lock; rear left tyre often needs weekly inflating, then sometimes not for months; needs new rad fan so had to run the heaters full on the hottest summer days.

in desperation, i confess i once entered the ray darcy show competition for a new car (easier than the late late due to numbers viewing). few more deserving, but that's not how they decide these things.

motoring-related, i was listening to seascapes on rte1 this evening and they mentioned a trinity student named dudley colley who, c.1920, drove over the ha'penny bridge for a bet. steps were higher then. took him two attempts, heading north to south. quite the jape. presuming he's related to our @dudley ?

by coincidence, i know a woman who drove a mini over the millennium bridge before the bollards were installed. easier due to the absence of steps.

motoring-related, i was listening to seascapes on rte1 this evening and they mentioned a trinity student named dudley colley who, c.1920, drove over the ha'penny bridge for a bet. steps were higher then. took him two attempts, heading north to south. quite the jape. presuming he's related to our @dudley ?

Yus, me grandad, who died in 1959 so I never met him. Think he tried a similar stunt in trinity in the 20's and the car stuck between the front arches. Such japery!

Yus, me grandad, who died in 1959 so I never met him. Think he tried a similar stunt in trinity in the 20's and the car stuck between the front arches. Such japery!
Any relation to the guy who rammed the Front Gate at TCD there a couple of years ago?

This thread is a bit depressing for me as I've been taken off the road due to being diagnosed with epilepsy. I have to be a year seizure-free and signed off by a neurologist to drive now. I think I have until the end of March before I can get behind the wheel. We got a new car (Skoda Superb estate) and while it's lovely to be driven around in, I really miss the freedom of being able to drive. Went to Maynooth a few times recently for meetings and it is about 2 hours each way by public transport compared to 35 min by car. Hell, even cycling is quicker (90 min) but can't turn up to an interview or whatever in lycra, slick with sweat. Or can you?

Did your grandad have a butler/manservant?

And was his name Jeeves by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back