The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
my father in law has a new car on order. i googled the price. the most 'basic' option is over €110k. the idea of spending that much on a car makes my head hurt.

Was behind a 2022 G-wagon AMG spec (G63)
€195,00 new

EFE6B5D5-BBC9-45EF-9763-3B21BF10BBB3.jpeg

Absolute fucking idiots

Best thing to do would be buy an old one and pay a man to modernise one and you’d still be less than a quarter of €200k out of pocket

Was behind a 2022 G-wagon AMG spec (G63)
€195,00 new

View attachment 16830

Absolute fucking idiots

Best thing to do would be buy an old one and pay a man to modernise one and you’d still be less than a quarter of €200k out of pocket
These are basically what Rolls Royces were when we were kids; ostentatious display of wealth.

The AMG spec adds about what? 30 or 40 grand to the regular price?

I can kind of see the appeal of wanting the best, but also, they are not very nice looking
I'd take a LandCruiser every day of the week over that, or if we're pissing away money, a Cayenne

These are basically what Rolls Royces were when we were kids; ostentatious display of wealth.

The AMG spec adds about what? 30 or 40 grand to the regular price?

I can kind of see the appeal of wanting the best, but also, they are not very nice looking
I'd take a LandCruiser every day of the week over that, or if we're pissing away money, a Cayenne

An old early 90s Land Rover FTW

An old early 90s Land Rover FTW
If I was going to get a Land ROver, I think I'd prefer an Ineos Grenadier Fieldmaster

Built like a goddamn tank by some eccentric Englishman who thought the new Land ROvers were basically kind of effete/soft/gay

1679429976759.png

Changed my mind about the estate, am gonna get a van and keep the car.

But I have a pain in my bollocks looking at van ads now

I've been following this

I thought the Italians were gonna get an exemption for small batch car makers like Ferrari and Lambos and all that

huh
This e-fuel thing is new to me also

I've been following this

I thought the Italians were gonna get an exemption for small batch car makers like Ferrari and Lambos and all that

huh
This e-fuel thing is new to me also

If E-fuel means things like 'bio-diesel' it means it's more expensive than regular diesel but still emits CO2 (although lower levels). They have it in the north and I enquired and it's aimed (currently) at haulage and commercial entities and it ain't cheap!

I am looking forward to making our own bio-diesel from waste oil for herself's diesel whenever I get it roadworthy.

Also I Bought the first and most important component for converting my own petrol guzzling car, a hybrid Gearbox with built-in motors, torque converter and oil cooler. It's a CVT Gearbox from a Lexus IS300H. Next up, a Toyota / Lexus Gen 3 inverter

If E-fuel means things like 'bio-diesel' it means it's more expensive than regular diesel but still emits CO2 (although lower levels). They have it in the north and I enquired and it's aimed (currently) at haulage and commercial entities and it ain't cheap!

I am looking forward to making our own bio-diesel from waste oil for herself's diesel whenever I get it roadworthy.

Also I Bought the first and most important component for converting my own petrol guzzling car, a hybrid Gearbox with built-in motors, torque converter and oil cooler. It's a CVT Gearbox from a Lexus IS300H. Next up, a Toyota / Lexus Gen 3 inverter

It's this lark

Never heard of it

E-fuels are produced by synthesising captured CO2 emissions and hydrogen produced using CO2-free electricity. They are considered carbon neutral because the CO2 released when the fuel is combusted is balanced by the CO2 removed from the atmosphere to produce the fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back