The Thumped Motoring Forum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
Saw another Merc I want to buy

Jesus, would you look at the miles on that - nothing!

And he can't get ride of it
Slashing the price

Fucking buy it, man!

1672410282676.png

Are there any NCT hassles with a car that age?

Slashing the price

Fucking buy it, man!

View attachment 16521

NEW NCT legislation​

So it’s been a three year wait and battle but finally the new legislation regards testing has been published today.
From 2020 cars and commercial vehicles over 40 years of age will be NCT & Doe exempt. From May 2018 vehicles between 30-40 years old will have to undergo a test every two years. Two great points from this is it’s a rolling rule and secondly commercial vehicles which are only used for private use will be included.
This has been a long battle well done to everyone who played a part in this in anyway a great outcome.

NEW NCT legislation​

So it’s been a three year wait and battle but finally the new legislation regards testing has been published today.
From 2020 cars and commercial vehicles over 40 years of age will be NCT & Doe exempt. From May 2018 vehicles between 30-40 years old will have to undergo a test every two years. Two great points from this is it’s a rolling rule and secondly commercial vehicles which are only used for private use will be included.
This has been a long battle well done to everyone who played a part in this in anyway a great outcome.

Nice one

So basically if this yoke is street legal right now, the bold Ernesto could drive this into the exemption next year

We gonna crowdfund this or what?

Slashing the price

Fucking buy it, man!

View attachment 16521

THe missus has given me the death look.

We already bought a 3L diesel w123 for her and we don't even have that back from the mechanics yet.
Currently We don't have room for 3 cars but if he keeps dropping that price I think I'll have to invest in raised ramps for the garage and see

THe missus has given me the death look.

We already bought a 3L diesel w123 for her and we don't even have that back from the mechanics yet.
Currently We don't have room for 3 cars but if he keeps dropping that price I think I'll have to invest in raised ramps for the garage and see
Ask the mechanic how much he'll give you for the one he's working on

Buy a big red bow for the green one and give it to the wife. Women are suckers for that shit.

Ask the mechanic how much he'll give you for the one he's working on

Buy a big red bow for the green one and give it to the wife. Women are suckers for that shit.

The bigger diesel is one of the best cars ever built, don't think I'll be shifting that any time soon (whenever we get it back next year). Think my coupe would have to be sold. Which is..... not happening

The bigger diesel is one of the best cars ever built, don't think I'll be shifting that any time soon (whenever we get it back next year). Think my coupe would have to be sold. Which is..... not happening
I get you, man
I look at online auctions of Merc estates all the time
The ones I want, I can't justify the money on
And the rest are meh

Water coming in from the engine bay

Any ideas? There were a few inches of water in the footwell

Is there rain coming down around the wipers region and made a rust hole there?

there is a firewall (steel wall) between you and the engine so my theory is that the water is coming down from the cab side of the wiper area

edit - also possibly a bad seal on the windowscreen

Is there rain coming down around the wipers region and made a rust hole there?

there is a firewall (steel wall) between you and the engine so my theory is that the water is coming down from the cab side of the wiper area
I tried pouring water there to see if I could replicate the issue but didn't see anything. Ill turn the hose on it later

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back