The Thumped Motoring Forum (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 86K
  • Watchers 10
Trying to jump-start my car earlier..I think I've killed it :(

Was sure I had + to + and - to - but there were sparks and smoke and now it's dead

frankenstein-its-alive.gif

No idea how, but when the breakdown service guy jumpstarted it it worked. It had been completely dead and there is still a strong smell of smoke. I'm confused but pleased.

Is it too early for a Xmas miracle?

have to drive to dublin later but
clogged oil filter, replacement hasnt arrived yet - need to flush the system and replace the oil and filter
resulting in burning remaining oil / very smokey oil and increases engine temp
and coolant keeps evaporating as a result and sitting in traffic any longer than 5 mins means ive to switch off ignition. going to be a fun journey later. hopefully just need to top up coolant and oil once before we leave

clogged oil filter, replacement hasnt arrived yet - need to flush the system and replace the oil and filter
and coolant keeps evaporating as a result and sitting in traffic any longer than 5 mins means ive to switch off ignition. going to be a fun journey later. hopefully just need to top up coolant and oil once before we leave

Hopefully you dodge traffic - was chilly and wet lastnight and my engine temp stayed really low the whole way down.

i've never seen that before - was the cooling system in your car overreacting? i would have thought that no matter how cold it would get, the engine would still reach full temp.

i've never seen that before - was the cooling system in your car overreacting? i would have thought that no matter how cold it would get, the engine would still reach full temp.

Further starting at this dial has revealed that the one in mine doesn't even register under 60 degrees C. So if it flatlines the whole time the water temperature still could be 60. It's the first diesel i've owned and it's a bit of a big lump of an engine so going straight into a long drive and having the heat on all the time it's sorta plausible, maybe. I've to book it in for a big job soon I'm sure if there's a problem i'll find out through the medium of money.

still waiting on my stupid oil filter FFS
did a drive down to dublin and back though and it was grand sonce i topped up radiator at start of journies

Went to take the dog out in my van. Brakes/ wheels frozen so it ain't going to happen.

Any tips for unsticking them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back