• Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
saw this tow truck on the road today:
camel tow

classy:
bkpam2211354_03_3.jpg

Hey van owners. I was warned that insurance companies can make life very difficult when it comes to proving it's not a commercial vechicle. Have you experienced this? @ann post ?

mine is a commercial vehicle, insured for "carriage of own goods", but the insurance is a private policy in my name. try sheridan in wexford.
Thanks! What makes it 'commercial'? If I declared it noncommercial for personal use would I get regular insurance? Just wondering why they're treated differently.

Thanks! What makes it 'commercial'? If I declared it noncommercial for personal use would I get regular insurance? Just wondering why they're treated differently.
not sure - i just gave them the facts. only 2 seats, no rear windows. it's a vw caddy.

some insurers don't touch commercials at all e.g. aviva who i had the old car insured with for 7 years, a car i was effectively using as a van for the last 3 of those.

That's the kind of van I'm looking at. So the fact it has only two seats etc might put it into commercial category? Thanks

Passed the emissions test on NCT, which was my main concern, now to deal with some minor brake issues.
The dick who re-tested also failed me for not showing my VIN cert. Even though I'd already presented it at the initial test, as I always do. As if I'd somehow be pulling a fast one and replicating the same issues on a different car.

not sure - i just gave them the facts. only 2 seats, no rear windows. it's a vw caddy.

some insurers don't touch commercials at all e.g. aviva who i had the old car insured with for 7 years, a car i was effectively using as a van for the last 3 of those.
Does this sound like decent price for van insurance with a named driver?

• €663.77

Does this sound like decent price for van insurance with a named driver?

• €663.77
is it fully comp? to me, yes, but i suppose it depends on the value of the van too. my policy was €1k but I haven't had a policy in my own name for years, just named driver plus lapsed company policy. most places wouldn't even quote me.

That's third party fire and theft. First online quote I got si just wanted s rough idea. Thanks

Despite having to jump out at a traffic light and reattach a windscreen wiper on my way to the test centre,the car passed the NCT for another year. The relief...

Just cancelled my insurance.

"Ok, there's a 50 euro cancellation fee, a 55 euro handling fee and some other shit we just made up 50 euro handling fee"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back