The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
It's an odd one. I've moved from an area with lots of traffic lights and other traffic controls to a rural area with terrible roads where people drive like morons, and they've decided to lower my insurance. Not complaining though.

funnily enough my car insurance wont insure me against theft because i live close to the city centre and its not garaged. though it is behind locked gates but that dont matter to them.

Nct time. I fear I may have overdone it on the diptane as it spluttered a bit as I got near the centre. We'll see.

Nct time. I fear I may have overdone it on the diptane as it spluttered a bit as I got near the centre. We'll see.
He's giving it a good long rev, trying to get a pass reading on the emissions I'd say. Doesn't bode well. Oh my nerves

I'm on 180,000 +, and also have a fucked wheel bearing. Among other things. All going well I want to get a cheap van and put the mini on classic insurance next year. Or put a match to the mini and move on with my life. We'll see.

An expert on the radio (Today with Sean O'Rourke) just said that if your car is over 11 and you can't get anyone to insure it you should get three insurers to put that in writing. You then take the three letters to the ombudsman and he will force an insurer to cover you.

Dropped into garage today with suspected fucked wheel bearing, its just hitting 190000ish now.

Gonna buy a van around march. Its been a good servant, it owes me nothing.

Well

It turned out that the wheel hadn't been tightened and it was slowly coming off.
Stupid car is still 100% and making it really hard to justify replacing it.

Clutch started slipping at high speed last week, car would just drop out of gear. Mechanic took out clutch, which was indeed fucked, and kindly charged a small fortune to put new in.

Got on the M50 and the same thing happened. He's totally baffled, thinks it might be an air mass pump problem. Never heard of such a thing, but he's nipping around the scrap yards for me to find the part. Car is 14 years old, owes me nothing, but I think it's time is up.

Thinking of a spin to the UK to nab a 'leccy car.

Aye, but the price difference on UK second hands is colossal, it's only negligible on 2018 cars really

Ohhh as chief importer of all my parents cars i'm well into this economy, i'd just be a little curious about emerging tech with electric cars and efficiency/range and stuff. like there is a 'generational' thing where some hybrids are adapted petrol chassis with tech dropped in, and there are ground up electrics like that nissan leaf thing, so obviously a ground up design is gonna beat the shit out of a market influence Frankenstein.

Another foggy night driving home with crappy headlights and no fog light.

If this keeps up I'm going to be killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back