The Thumped Motoring Forum (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
Someone made the valid point that tyre pressure is a vital safety issue. Why start charging now? The overheads for the electric air pumps etc have always been included in the price of your petrol, oil, accessories and other times from the shop.
It's neo-liberal capitalism running rampant Joe!

Someone made the valid point that tyre pressure is a vital safety issue. Why start charging now? The overheads for the electric air pumps etc have always been included in the price of your petrol, oil, accessories and other times from the shop.
It's neo-liberal capitalism running rampant Joe!
true that. but these new air machines also do vacuuming and "fragrance" for your €1. but the water is still free. we should all go along with 50 litre drums and start filling up to avoid the water char... oh wait.

in other news, i'm pretty sure they've installed vents above the urinals, linked to the power washer, to extract the steam off your piss.

Having first world issues with a newish car radio using the USB socket.

I have a cheap usb stick full of music which I can plug in and play using the the, slightly crappy, Ford interface in the car. Manually scrolling though the folders using the big clicky thing in the middle of the radio.

But, if I unplug the usb stick and stick in the phone instead to listen to podcasts/directions etc, that is all good too. I play stuff on the phone, sound comes out of the car speakers.

Now...

When I'm done with podcasting or whatever, I re plug in the usb clip in, but the car doesn't seem to pick it up. It will continue with the phone over bluetooth. I have turned the phone off completely, but it still isn't happy and will just search for the phone instead of recognising that there is a USB stick full of sweet choons plugged in.

Trying to re-synch isn't working so far.

Anyone else? Do I just need to give it a rest for a while and let it come to terms with the fact there is no phone in use.

I dunno but I was so frustrated once I gave a person 90 eu to put in a stereo that did things right in my car and it was worth it. I do be in the car a lot though.

There should be some form of source/input browser in there

also bluetooth has different levels of interrupt, but probably assumes you are on the phone so wont break the line. might be a tweak to tell it that its audio only?

I have only recently started using the phone with the car, and it has switched back and forth between phone and usb stick once already. I don't think I did anything to make it happen either, it just seemed to take some time to reset itself. the radio is fairly lo-tech.

Going to turn the phone off before I go near the car tonight and hope it readjusts to USB only.

I have a slight work around for this for anyone with similar problems. Instead of selecting the Aux button on the car radio over and over again expecting it to work, if you select Menu there should be a 'browse usb' option in there somewhere.

It is only playing albums with the track listing in alphabetical order but it's a start.

Aha, and when you start playing something through 'browse usb' there is an option to 'browse' beside the play/pause button. That lets your select by artist, and albums will play in the correct running order through that.

We done it Thumped.

oof.

I had mine checked and apparently my clutch is on its last legs too.

The mechanic said "you're obviously very gentle on the clutch", which made me feel disturbingly emasculated.

why you're weak as a kitten

maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back