The Thumped Motoring Forum (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 87K
  • Watchers 10
that calls for a jpeg that you shoul dbe glad i'm not gonna share.
?
metallube1.jpg

THIS REMINDS ME.

Couple of years ago, I had a very slow run in with a pillar as I was reversing out a driveway, front left panel just barely caught the corner, but the body work damage was mighty.

Shopped around garages in the area and the quotes ranged from 600 or so, up to nearly 2 grand.

Mark suggested I go to "Harry" in Crumlin for a quote. Harry's garage was down this dirty wee lane behind a Centra or something, loads of wooden pallets strewn around, tons of rubbish and flies. Harry comes out with his facemask dangling around his neck, and his face covered in silver spray paint. Quoted me a hundred or something for the whole job!

Was delighted, and left him to it. After collecting was driving away when I heard something fall off the car....

Drove back into his garage, and he'd neglected to put a pin back in properly on the under panel. No problem, he gets his wee flamethrower, heats up a screwdriver til it's white hot, melts a hole in the panel and used a cable tie to fix it. Been grand ever since.

I think Harry's dead now.

Apparently our car needs a new clutch or something like that. €1,500.
If it's a German car sometimes it costs more because they love to sardine things into tiny spaces then the staff have to spend a day dismantling stuff just to find the thing. If it smells of burning and doesn't go right that's the clutch. If it's Japanese/pacific rim 400/800. If it's from anywhere else it's the beginning of a planned obsolescence sitcom.

If it's a German car sometimes it costs more because they love to sardine things into tiny spaces then the staff have to spend a day dismantling stuff just to find the thing. If it smells of burning and doesn't go right that's the clutch. If it's Japanese/pacific rim 400/800. If it's from anywhere else it's the beginning of a planned obsolescence sitcom.

it's a nissan.

I'm not sure if the mechanic that fixed the brakes did something they shouldn't have but the battery light came on as I was driving the following day. On Saturday night driving home from a gig all the electrics started to fail. By the time I got home the headlights were about as bright as a candle.

So this morning this happened on the way to the auto-electrician.

The general consensus is that the alternator is fucked.

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 30
I'm not sure if the mechanic that fixed the brakes did something they shouldn't have but the battery light came on as I was driving the following day. On Saturday night driving home from a gig all the electrics started to fail. By the time I got home the headlights were about as bright as a candle.

your triangulator fell off?

ouch

not that i know anything about cars, but i don't think the brakes are connected to the electrical system are they? or did he have to go near a servo or summat?
They're not connected. It just seemed odd that right after they had their hands on it this problem surfaced.

Just looking for someone to blame I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back