The thread wholly dedicated to 100 Gecs (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
I'll save other old people the hassle

The duo works on tracks by sending Logic Pro project files between the two,[15][5] iterating songs each time.[20][6] Their music has been called an "anarchic assault on the ears"[8] that "[pulls] conventional pop tropes in every direction possible",[21] as well as "abrasive, maximalist pop"[1] with "elements of pop punk, nightcore, ska, dubstep, deconstructed club, trance, metal, and happy hardcore all thrown into one big internet blender",[2] resulting in "ongs [that] shift gears dozens of times, in a way that recalls... Kid606, or Venetian Snares",[22] also earning comparisons with label PC Music[21][15] and band Sleigh Bells.

Lili Marlene

Trying not to have a bad day
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
I mean this kind of meta stuff happens every few years right? Whether it be Sigue Sigue Sputnik, the KLF, PC Music or these lads.

These seem to have reached a new level though, going by the youtube comments, it appears that everyone agrees that it's awful but lots of people seem to feel that they only deserve awful music. I'm both fascinated and appalled.

therealjohnny

Supporter
Back in my day we would discover these bands (KLF, Sigue Sigue Sputnik etc.) because we'd all be watching Top of the Pops.

There is no way I would come across this band if it hadn't been mentioned here. I was happy enough in my ignorance.

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
I was expecting this to sound completely mental ... like a zany pop mashup version of Death Grips .... but it's not that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

We're listening to...

• Hatchback
    Hatchback
    Cochise
    Hatchback

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads