The 'That was very sound' thread (1 Viewer)

bizarre. but she gave her consent!
money talks.
I dunno whose payroll she's on, but typically researchers and academics aren't paid all that much.

I don't really see it doing any harm, Barbie dolls are a bit weird alright, but putting the idea of women doing good science into the minds of children is sound.

I dunno whose payroll she's on, but typically researchers and academics aren't paid all that much.

I don't really see it doing any harm, Barbie dolls are a bit weird alright, but putting the idea of women doing good science into the minds of children is sound.
I'd say she gets well paid by most folks standards. it was her own choice to make some extra cash. she could have chose far better ways of presenting positive women scientist vibes to children than a Barbie doll.
did she ask how much the people making them were going to get paid?!
do rat stabbers ever ask these questions?

John Peel was a divil for doing voiceovers for the likes of Persil washing power.
he was getting sent hundreds of free records every week, so he was. what did he need any more money for?

When the end comes, and the earth is a scorched orange coloured wasteland, and the wind is howling across the arid land, there needs to be a Barbie doll in the foreground.

A couple of broken desiccated plant stalks, caked cracked soil, and a grimy Barbie facing the ground. To show the folly of mankind.

It's just the way these things work.

I'd say she gets well paid by most folks standards. it was her own choice to make some extra cash. she could have chose far better ways of presenting positive women scientist vibes to children than a Barbie doll.
did she ask how much the people making them were going to get paid?!
do rat stabbers ever ask these questions?

John Peel was a divil for doing voiceovers for the likes of Persil washing power.
he was getting sent hundreds of free records every week, so he was. what did he need any more money for?

styluses

There was an awful lot of fucking adverts for laundry detergent back then now that I think of it.

Danny Baker kicking people's doors in, foisting it on young ones. Every fourth advert had zoomed in shots of bits of material with grass stains on it.

The fuck was going on there?

The 80's primarily consisted of pedophilia and washing clothes.

we all need a regular reminder of the working conditions in Chinese factories making consumer products for the west:

loads of other links like this on Mattel. took one google search

There was an awful lot of fucking adverts for laundry detergent back then now that I think of it.

Danny Baker kicking people's doors in, foisting it on young ones. Every fourth advert had zoomed in shots of bits of material with grass stains on it.

One leads to the other?

These 20 mins long adverts, for use in cinemas were directed by Alan Parker

That's John Bird in the role of the ...um..chief...by the way

At the end they segue intro pretend ads for a makey-uppy brand of detergent

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They missed an opportunity there. "Blacking up for racist adverts leaving one's clothes a little grubby? Try Persil! For white whites."

we all need a regular reminder of the working conditions in Chinese factories making consumer products for the west:

loads of other links like this on Mattel. took one google search
That's how it works for sure.

I've been wondering about all these new Brexit taxes we've been moaning about for imports from the UK, is it going to become viable for some products to be made in Ireland? Once people see the advantages of non-free trade who knows what might happen 🤔

WTF?
Alan Parker? let's cancel him!
great opportunity to purge The Commitments - white appropriation of 60's black pop culture.

anyone remember KING KURT? this video from 1983 (on Stiff Records) is in much the same vein. a total career ender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back