The talking about Arsenal FC thread (2 Viewers)

In view of that I guess you are looking for a new team Janer, it's not very punk to support the same team as the Queen of England.

2054: "Upon arriving at Wembley, it's easy to spot similarities between the new stadium and the Emirates. Watching Brazil is a little like watching Arsenal at times, they always seem to want to play another pass and they steadfastly refuse to cross the ball. It's an absolute pleasure to behold."
Jonathan Stevenson, BBC Sport at Wembley

FABREGAS CONFIRMS HE IS UNSETTLED AT ARSENAL
Already fretting over the intentions of Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas has further undermined the mood at Arsenal by admitting that he is unsettled at the club.

"It could be that I have doubts. Before I was very sure and I signed for eight years. I was sure that this was the ideal club for me but now maybe I am not so sure when I see that the coach has not renewed his contract, that the president has gone and I don't know what Thierry Henry is going to do. These are all things that could have an influence on my future," the youngster told a newspaper in his native Spain.

"If Wenger goes I'm 90% sure I will leave. I identify the team with him, and without Wenger, Arsenal wouldn't be the same."

FABREGAS CONFIRMS HE IS UNSETTLED AT ARSENAL
Already fretting over the intentions of Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas has further undermined the mood at Arsenal by admitting that he is unsettled at the club.

"It could be that I have doubts. Before I was very sure and I signed for eight years. I was sure that this was the ideal club for me but now maybe I am not so sure when I see that the coach has not renewed his contract, that the president has gone and I don't know what Thierry Henry is going to do. These are all things that could have an influence on my future," the youngster told a newspaper in his native Spain.

"If Wenger goes I'm 90% sure I will leave. I identify the team with him, and without Wenger, Arsenal wouldn't be the same."

Good thing Wenger isn't gonna leave so. No other major club would give him the power that he's got at the Emirates.

HENRY IS NOT LEAVING FOR THE BLOODY 4TH TIME!!

Not this season anyway....but alas I can see him and Cesc THEN becoming unsettled if we have another poor season.....I just hope the gap is not going to open further between the ManURE/Chelski money clubs...
Read we are still 262 mill in debt, while we are more then managing this with the repayments of course it is impacting us on spending we say 20 mil sterling on a player etc......
Maybe with no pressure on us this season we will come good......

HENRY IS NOT LEAVING FOR THE BLOODY 4TH TIME!!

Not this season anyway....but alas I can see him and Cesc THEN becoming unsettled if we have another poor season.....I just hope the gap is not going to open further between the ManURE/Chelski money clubs...
Read we are still 262 mill in debt, while we are more then managing this with the repayments of course it is impacting us on spending we say 20 mil sterling on a player etc......
Maybe with no pressure on us this season we will come good......

we were never a club that would spend 20 million anyways though, so i dont think it impacts that side of things, but when you see a long term target like ribery moving to UEFA cup giants bayern munich it does ankle a bit. i have heard arsenal are in for malouda, who might be a better addition. would be nice to have a left footer on the left

there have been whispers in the past few days about him. the media have caught up apparently

Arsenal set to scupper Liverpool's Malouda bid
By Jason Burt
Published: 07 June 2007

Arsenal are planning to hijack Liverpool's bid to sign Florent Malouda because the France international's move to Anfield has stalled over personal terms.

Talks are expected to take place as early as tomorrow over a €15m (£10.2m) move from the French champions Lyon to Arsenal. Malouda, who was on international duty with France last night as they played their European Championship qualifier against Georgia, is then set to take a week's holiday before deciding his future.

There is also interest in the 26-year-old from Spain and Italy although the likelihood is he will move to England. Liverpool's manager, Rafael Benitez, wanted to make Malouda the first of his major signings this summer and there is a growing frustration from the Spaniard that nothing has been secured. The longer the delay, according to sources close to the player, the greater the chance he may go elsewhere.

That warning has alerted Arsenal who have now stepped in to register their interest in the left-winger, who was a key member of the French side that reached last year's World Cup final. He was recently voted the players' player of the year in France after helping Lyon to their sixth consecutive league title and scoring 10 goals in 27 league starts.

Arsenal have decided against a move for the Ajax winger Ryan Babel after considering bidding for the Dutch international in January. Although he would cost less than Malouda, Arsenal's manager, Arsène Wenger is unsure that Babel is of the highest standard. At the same time Arsenal's interest in Franck Ribéry is set to end with the Marseilles winger expected to complete a €25m (£17m) move to Bayern Munich today. Liverpool, meanwhile, will hope that Marseilles will use some of that cash to sign Djibril Cissépermanently.

If Malouda does arrive at the Emirates Stadium, it will be intriguing to see where he fits into Wenger's plans and what it means for Alexander Hleb and Tomas Rosicky. It also heightens the chances of Fredrik Ljungberg, who has been told he can go, leaving the club on a free transfer. Wenger himself will conduct the negotiations with Malouda if the deal goes ahead and his strong relationship with the out-going Lyon coach Gérard Houllier may be an advantage.

Despite signing a contract extension until 2011 last summer, Malouda announced several weeks ago that he wanted to leave Lyon with the club's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, setting a deadline of the end of June.

some utter fucking guff circulating that thierry is joining liverpool.... in a one year loan deal. with cisse going the other way.
:eek:

everyone in liverpool tried to bet on it and theyve stopped taking bets

hes probably just visiting cisse

william hill said he doesnt think it will happen but the last time this many people
tried to make a similar bet was when fowler moved back

He went to Liverpool to ask all the scallies how to bunk into a CL final, seeing as he won't be getting into one with Dial Square any time soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back