The talking about Arsenal FC thread (1 Viewer)

5 points clear going into the world cup.

It goes to show how distorted the league has become that the question "are Arsenal in the title race" is a reasonable one to ask when they've had the best opening to their season in the club's history.

Ask me in April if we're in it. Or of we do to city what Leicester did at the ethiad the year they won the title.
Only downsides are - Partey still being picked. Arteta was a terrific player but his communication skills are awful.

Hope the Gooners win the PL, no one would have seen that coming last summer.

Only downsides are - Partey still being picked. Arteta was a terrific player but his communication skills are awful.

Hope the Gooners win the PL, no one would have seen that coming last summer.

I would be happier with him out of the team. The best I can do is not comment on his performance on the pitch whether it is good or bad.

I'd have to disagree with you on MA's communication skills though from what I've seen. He's a weird dude but whatever he's doing and telling them the players have bought in to it. Harnessing the enthusiasm of the fans and there's a real sense of unity between team and crowd, I think he's tried to emulate what Klopp has done at Liverpool and BVB in that case. And he's good at managing up, the Kroenkes seem to have faith in him, there were a few times in the past where they could have sacked him and no one could have really said it was unfair.

I would be happier with him out of the team. The best I can do is not comment on his performance on the pitch whether it is good or bad.

I'd have to disagree with you on MA's communication skills though from what I've seen. He's a weird dude but whatever he's doing and telling them the players have bought in to it. Harnessing the enthusiasm of the fans and there's a real sense of unity between team and crowd, I think he's tried to emulate what Klopp has done at Liverpool and BVB in that case. And he's good at managing up, the Kroenkes seem to have faith in him, there were a few times in the past where they could have sacked him and no one could have really said it was unfair.

I am sure Arteta works well with the players but with media and fans - no.
Arteta has no charisma in interviews.
He gives nothing away and for a longtime he had a bad relationship with fans 'cause of this.
Maybe it's just me but I hate listening to him now.
When he was a player I was a big admirer.
EDIT:
Unai Emery was given a raw deal at Arsenal and was sacked without being given the chance Arteta got.
Emery is IMO much more likeable.

So he's Wenger?
But Arsene didn't see the incident though.

Martin Keown is my least favourite Arsenal player ever. Occasionally the prick gets worked up on TV about the type of dirty stuff he used to do regularly.
during the pandemic BBC asked their pundits to pick highlights of a few of their favourite matches they played in. Keown picked Arse v Everton at Highbury in 1998 when they clinched the title.
during they match he clattered Big Duncan who grabbed Keown around the neck when they were on the ground. ''FUCKING SMASH HIM DUNCAN!!'' I shouted at the TV.

another match Keown picked was the Chelsea 2-2 Spurs from 2016 (which gave Leicester the title).
What a fucking prick. no one else picked a match they didn't play in.
why do the BBC let this fucking lunkhead away with this shit.
thank fuck he never played for Ireland.

Vieira was more my style. he's still cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back