The Snow. (1 Viewer)

Windows is telling me that it's snowing outside but there isn't a cloud to be seen. My new fingertipless thermal work gloves don't seem very effective, I have the heater on my hands are still cold.

Windows hasn't a clue about the weather, telling me the same, and it seems to be a snow cloud localised just over my house. Unless it means it's snowing on Thumped...

you're not exactly a million miles from there though are you?

Depending on which direction you head in, it is very cold in some places that are a million miles from Ballinteer.

I guess accurate weather report moans could be put in the "moving to the sticks" thread.

Where I am, being populous, and where I specifically live, and indeed with where I get sent to work, there are usually reports from weather stations within 50m of me. I can check and pick which side of the site I want to work on at which time of day.
I like wunderground dot com because there's usually an enthusiast somewhere nearby who can give actual local details from their own weather station. It's good nerdy craic that I'd like to get into at some stage.

I was looking at the weather this afternoon, my location was a bit general.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-15 at 13.53.06.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-15 at 13.53.06.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 9

Enjoy. My ex always hated it because she was forced to listen to it growing up. But I think it's a decent geography lesson. Someone told me that if you want to be a commercial captain, one of the tests is to listen to the shipping forecast, and then draw it out, landmasses, air-pressures and all, as you might see when you're watching the weather forecast on tv.
Also, some might say there's some kind of spy talk going on in there.

A fair dumping of snow here over the weekend near the dublin mountains. Was up the mountains sunday morning and there was a lovely covering of powdery snow, about 1.5 inches in depth. Similar consistency to the snow you'd see out in the baltics, where I'm going wednesday AND IS HASNT STOPPED SNOWING SINCE FUCKING NOVEMBER
update: it hasn't snowed for 2 days but there's roughly 40cm of snow on the ground and its -10 degrees. Roads are as clear as can be expected and there are the most gigantic icicles hanging off every building. Truly fucking Baltic.

update: it hasn't snowed for 2 days but there's roughly 40cm of snow on the ground and its -10 degrees. Roads are as clear as can be expected and there are the most gigantic icicles hanging off every building. Truly fucking Baltic.
Yeah. Those proper cold places are mad. In Norway there were roads that had kind of snow walls lining them. Like, they'd just plough the snow up into a nice flat wall 2 meters high or something along the edge of the road. And they didn't put salt down, they'd put down black gravel that would get melted into the ice and make ice concrete almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back