The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (1 Viewer)

What's your favourite track?

• Frankly Mr Shankly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never Had No One Ever

• Cemetry Gates

• The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

• Vicar In A Tutu

• Total voters

nlgbbbblth

Frozen in time since 12:34am on January 1 1982
Website
www.nlgbbbblth.wordpress.com
The-Queen-is-Dead-cover.png

When I first got this, I played it 6 or 7 times daily for a week.

Great album. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.

Ditto; this was back in the day when records really meant something. Remember being so excited, i tried putting off listening to it just to prolong the excitement. Anyhoo - I Know It's Over - remember first hearing this song and thinking it was one of the most heartfelt, devastatingly honest tunes I'd hear them do. Best vocal performance of Morrissey's career.

love this album as an 'album'.
Some Girls are Bigger than Others, and I Know its Over - oh the whole album is excellent.
Ive got 5 smiths albums and the Queen is Dead and Hatful of Hollow are the best.

thats it im going to have a smiths day on my itunes at work.

Anyhoo - I Know It's Over - remember first hearing this song and thinking it was one of the most heartfelt, devastatingly honest tunes I'd hear them do. Best vocal performance of Morrissey's career.

Last Night I dreamt that Somebody Loved me- surely?

I love this album so much! It's hard to pick just one favourite. I love love love Cemetery Gates ('Keats and Yeats are on your side/...While Wilde is on my side') but There is a Light...got my vote because when I hear it in a club I want to shout out the lyrics and twirl around with my eyes closed...

I love this album so much! It's hard to pick just one favourite. I love love love Cemetery Gates ('Keats and Yeats are on your side/...While Wilde is on my side') but There is a Light...got my vote because when I hear it in a club I want to shout out the lyrics and twirl around with my eyes closed...
lol.
i couldnt give you more rep for 'with my eyes closed' which made me laugh.
ye sap.

lol.
i couldnt give you more rep for 'with my eyes closed' which made me laugh.
ye sap.

It's better singing with your eyes closed! I'd love to host a club night with nothing but Smiths songs played!! Imagine!
Actually, there was a similar night for the Cocteau Twins about four years ago in Boston. I was in Chicago at the time and SO disappointed I couldn't go!

Last Night I dreamt that Somebody Loved me- surely?
Don't call me shirley, hehe.
Utterly fantastic song no doubt, but I prefer his vocal on 'I know....' - just connected to when i first played it and how much it hit me. Especially that 'over, over, ovahhhh' bit - goosebumps!!

Very hard to pick one.it's a toss up between the ones people seem to be mentioning, I Know its' Over, There is a Light, Cemetry Gates but i went with Bigmouth.

Very hard to pick one.it's a toss up between the ones people seem to be mentioning, I Know its' Over, There is a Light, Cemetry Gates but i went with Bigmouth.

Bigmouth has the greatest lyrics! you see, the whole damn album is so good, it's hard to pick the best track!
Although one of my favourite Smiths tracks is 'Stop Me if You've Heard This One Before' - 'I crashed down on the crossbar/ and the pain was enough to make shy bald buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder'/ 'nothing's changed i still love you, oh i still love you. only slightly, only slightly less than i used to, my love'

Only Smiths album I ever bought. Used to detest both Smiths and Cure when they were the only bands an Irish teen was allowed listen to. Still hate the Cure but like Der Schmidtz.

First track all the way

i would agree with the latter part.never a big fan of those two.i think Strangeways is just as good an album.in fact it's probably my favourite.

It's a close call. I'm not mad on death at one's elbow on strangeways, but otherwise it's pretty deadly.

True story.
One morning me and th' wan, feeling hungover and fragile we were carelessly crossing a road when we were nearly hit by a double decker bus and reflected that if we were indeed killed at that moment that our friends and family would have enough cop on to play There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out at our joint funeral.
It was a good hangover, there was drizzle.

True story.
One morning me and th' wan, feeling hungover and fragile we were carelessly crossing a road when we were nearly hit by a double decker bus and reflected that if we were indeed killed at that moment that our friends and family would have enough cop on to play There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out at our joint funeral.
It was a good hangover, there was drizzle.

Cool story.

Mental Note: when ian dies, hire a vicar in a tutu.

Hoots are great for that... Loved singing There Is A Light at the Planes, Trains and Automobiles Hoot

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back