The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (1986) (2 Viewers)

prefuse

Threads
Yes, The Smiths amazing back catologue would definitely have been better with some rapping & b boys moves in there. :ROFLMAO:

prefuse

Threads
I think it's more the spirit of the thing. Even if you think the Clash's attempts at 'world' music (for serious want of a better phrase) on Sandinista! are hamfisted and embarrassing, at least they were acknowledging that the rest of the world exists; The Smiths kind of turned their back on all that. Yeah, Johnny Marr might have been mad into all sorts of music but Morrissey just wanted white music by white people for white people and none of those modern synthesizers or rapping or reggae or anything that just coincidentally was linked to people of different skin colours. It's a far cry from 2-Tone.
Well its this part here...suggesting the smiths music was almost racist because it didn't have an overt influence of black music genres...does everything need to be multi cultural? I don't think so. I love those other genres, but the smiths music was fine without it.

Lili Marlene

Sleeperbloke
Supporter
Contributor
Threads
Well its this part here...suggesting the smiths music was almost racist because it didn't have an overt influence of black music genres...does everything need to be multi cultural? I don't think so. I love those other genres, but the smiths music was fine without it.
Everything is multicultural, whether Morrissey likes it or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

We're listening to...

• Moment EP
    Starry Night - Original Mix
    Peggy Gou
    Moment EP
  • The Calling
    Observer
    Sevdaliza
    The Calling

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Donate!

Total amount
€0.00
Goal
€100.00

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads