The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (1986) (1 Viewer)

Joanna is not available on streaming services so I think the haters are safe enough.

'Meh' yourself Pete - go off and listen to your Tankard tapes and stop stinking up the place you philistine.

proper music

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Joanna is not available on streaming services so I think the haters are safe enough.
youtube to the rescue

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Or the haters can just go out and buy it (they have it on vinyl in Tower again) to add something good to their terrible music collections.

I'm sure we'll think of a way of getting the music around if the problem comes up.

I don't get all the hate for JN or anyone else for that matter.
Now..if one of her lps happens to come up and I think its shite..sure,I'll not be backward in coming forward about it.
But I'll give anything a proper shot.

I, for one, want to hear and hopefully enjoy all the music I possibly can in this life.

I dare say I'd prefer her to Tankard.

I'm sure we'll think of a way of getting the music around if the problem comes up.

407494_0_original.jpg

the queen is dead - it starts off promising enough - and then the vocals start. Trying to ignore them. Failing.

frankly mr shankly - no. just no.

i know it's over - i wish. mopey shite. musically adequate, vocally painful. had to skip through to the end of this one since it was going nowhere on its own.

never had no one ever - best so far. vocals are bearable at least.

oh, spotify crashed.

Last edited:
cemetary gates - positively uplifting compared to everything before it. alright.

bigmouth strikes again - i could grow to like this one. maybe.

the boy with the thorn in his side - nope

vicar in a tutu - awful. just awful.

there is a light that never goes out - now this i do like, despite the vocal delivery. This is probably the album's only saving grace. It's probably the strings that raise it above the rest of the guff on this record.

Some girls are bigger than others - now, we resume your scheduled programming. BORING.

That's probably how i'd sum up the entire thing - boring. And because of that, I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back