The sky at night (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter HMD
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
Sir Patrick Moore's trousers are getting dangerously close to his chin.

He's only got about 3 inches of shirt left!

Well, he's only a head in the future so he'll be grand.
Jesus, did they get the people from Gamesmaster on the team for this one?

gamesmaster.jpg

is brian may taking over from patrick moore? i've been predicting and hoping for this for years (hoping only in the sense that PM cant last forever like...). may is the only sensible candidate for the job.

patrick isnt dead is he? :eek:

patrick isnt dead is he? :eek:

Ah no, it was the 50th anniversary of the program and they did this fucked up program 'from the future' with old Dr. Brian May from Queen talking to future Patrick 'floating head' Moore. They also had a chat with a scientist who was living, and playing golf, on Mars.

It cost about twenty quid to make, I reckon. Brian May, from the past, was apparently very pissed off about the budget for the show. Buzz Aldrin was supposed to be on it. Like he was ever in space.

Ah no, it was the 50th anniversary of the program and they did this fucked up program 'from the future' with old Dr. Brian May from Queen talking to future Patrick 'floating head' Moore. They also had a chat with a scientist who was living, and playing golf, on Mars.

It cost about twenty quid to make, I reckon. Brian May, from the past, was apparently very pissed off about the budget for the show. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/may slams bbc for sky at night special_1019815"]Buzz Aldrin was supposed to be on it[/url]. Like he was ever in space.

too bad brian didn't have a few bob to spare to get buzz a flight over.

The BBC is being ruined by women, says Patrick Moore

Copyright 2007 Times Newspapers Limited
All Rights Reserved
The Times (London)
May 8, 2007, Tuesday
SECTION: HOME NEWS; Pg. 13

LENGTH: 447 words

HEADLINE: The BBC is being ruined by women, says Patrick Moore

BYLINE: Adam Sherwin, Media Correspondent

BODY:

Sir Patrick Moore has identified an alien species that threatens to destroy intelligent life -the women who have taken over the BBC.

The veteran astronomer celebrated the 50th anniversary of The Sky at Night with a withering attack on the female executives he believes have dumbed down the corporation.

Sir Patrick's outburst echoes criticisms raised by Alasdair Milne, a former Director-General, who provoked a furious response when he accused a female-dominated BBC of producing "terrible" programmes.

Sir Patrick, 84, was asked by the Radio Times if television had got better or worse during a career spanning the medium's life. The answer was worse -"much worse". He said: "The trouble is that the BBC now is run by women and it shows: soap operas, cooking, quizzes, kitchen-sink plays. You wouldn't have had that in the golden days."

They have even destroyed sci-fi, Sir Patrick's personal passion. He said: "I used to watch Doctor Who and Star Trek, but they went PC -making women commanders, that kind of thing. I stopped watching."

And don't sit Sir Patrick in front of a Sophie Raworth bulletin. He said: "These jokey women are not for me. Oh, for the good old days."

He recalled: "There was one day (in 2005) when BBC News went on strike. Then we had the headlines read by a man, talking the Queen's English, reading the news impeccably."

Fortunately, Sir Patrick has a solution. Institute a gender divide and create BBC Bloke. He said: "I would like to see two independent wavelengths -one controlled by women, and one for us, controlled by men. I think it may eventually happen."

Soaps could then safely be produced and watched by women. Sir Patrick said: "I was in hospital once and I watched a whole episode of EastEnders. I suppose it's true to life. But so is diarrhoea -and I don't want to see that on television."

Sir Patrick has an ally in Mr Milne, who ran the BBC between 1982 and 1987. He said the domination of television by women was the reason it had so many "dumb" lifestyle and makeover programmes.

Sir Patrick admitted that his animosity towards his long-term employer was sparked by the scheduling of a celebratory 650th edition of The Sky at Night.

* LEADING ROLES

Jana Bennett, Director of BBC Vision. Has overall responsibility for BBC One, BBC Two and the digital channels BBC Three and BBC Four.

Jenny Abramsky, Director of BBC Radio & Music.

Oversees Radios 1, 2, 3, 4, Five Live, digital stations, Popular Music Television.

Jane Tranter, Controller, BBC Fiction. In charge of drama commissioning (Doctor Who, Life on Mars), programme acquisitions and BBC Films.

Lucy Lumsden, BBC Controller of Comedy Commissioning. Hits include The Catherine Tate Show and Saxondale.

LOAD-DATE: May 8, 2007

A wizard, apparently he was murdered by Christians in Alexandria around AD 411. Thoth-Hermes brought him beyond the physical plane, he manifests as important characters throughout history. The most noticable of course was the Gamesmaster creation of Patrick Moore.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back