The search for root beer (1 Viewer)

Catwoman

Where can I get my hands on some good American root beer? They have something called 'root beer' in some health food shops but it's not the same.

Am I the only non-Yank who likes this stuff? I remember the good old days when you could get it in McDonalds.

ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!
ROOT BEEEERRRRR!!!!

they used to sell it in the Spar in Ranelagh, but that was about 2 years ago or more, useful i know. i remember buying it for this Lithuanian girl i work with at the time she used to swear by Vanilla Vodka and Root Beer, sounds manky and too sweet to me but different strokes etc...

Does that "Old Jamaica" Ginger Beer count? I've seen it in a few Spars recently, including the one on Thomas Street

Does that "Old Jamaica" Ginger Beer count? I've seen it in a few Spars recently, including the one on Thomas Street

Nooooo, root beer is nothing like ginger beer. Hard to describe what it's like. It's similar to dandelion and burdock, I suppose. Both of them were created during temperence movements in the 1900s (I think).

Root beer tastes slightly medicinal.

I got a can of Root Beer (made by coca cola company?) in the Asia Market on Drury St a couple of months back.
It was f**king rank - tasted like TCP-antiseptic smells.

I got a can of Root Beer (made by coca cola company?) in the Asia Market on Drury St a couple of months back.
It was f**king rank - tasted like TCP-antiseptic smells.

Yes! That's the stuff! It's yum.

Ah, nuts, it's too bad you can't bring liquids on flights from the US anymore. It'd freeze and explode in the baggage hold, too. Gah. I'd have had my ma or my mates who just visited bring you some. Stupid security restrictions.

I'll let you know if I see any. Actually, have you tried Fallon and Byrne? They do a lot of American products. Also, try the Spar in Ballsbridge across from the RDS. They sell a bunch of American chocolate and stuff, probably because of their proximity to the US Embassy. Might do root beer, too.

Ah, nuts, it's too bad you can't bring liquids on flights from the US anymore. It'd freeze and explode in the baggage hold, too. Gah. I'd have had my ma or my mates who just visited bring you some. Stupid security restrictions.

I'll let you know if I see any. Actually, have you tried Fallon and Byrne? They do a lot of American products. Also, try the Spar in Ballsbridge across from the RDS. They sell a bunch of American chocolate and stuff, probably because of their proximity to the US Embassy. Might do root beer, too.

Where's Fallon and Byrne? Ballsbridge is a bit a, er, balls to get to from Harold's X.

But guess what? I've found some. It's called Sarsi, it's in the Asia Market on Drury St - seems to be root beer for the Phillipino market. I only bought one can yesterday but it was good. I plan to stock up at the weekend.

Where's Fallon and Byrne? Ballsbridge is a bit a, er, balls to get to from Harold's X.

But guess what? I've found some. It's called Sarsi, it's in the Asia Market on Drury St - seems to be root beer for the Phillipino market. I only bought one can yesterday but it was good. I plan to stock up at the weekend.

EXCELLENT.

Fallon and Byrne is on Exchequer St. I'll check the Spar in Ballsbridge if I'm passing through. Now that you mention it anyway, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I can't drink sugary sodas, but I can admire and appreciate their qualities, and I'd definitely do a double-take if I saw some nice A&W root beer in a shop somewhere.

EXCELLENT.

Fallon and Byrne is on Exchequer St. I'll check the Spar in Ballsbridge if I'm passing through. Now that you mention it anyway, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I can't drink sugary sodas, but I can admire and appreciate their qualities, and I'd definitely do a double-take if I saw some nice A&W root beer in a shop somewhere.

I've read that A&W is the best alright. A shop very near me has started stocking Jones's Grape Soda and Black Cherry Soda, OMG, divine! It's actually a Canadian company, Jones's but I was looking on thier site and they have the most fantastic range of flavours. Why don't we get more variety in fizzy pop over here?!

Saw this and thought of you
http://stores.ebay.ie/American-Food-Shop_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ3QQtZkm

Grape jelly - nomnomnom.

I should just move to America. I'll get fat but I'll be darn happy.

Hi,

I was just in Henry Aston's newsagents across from BOI headquarters on Baggot Street, and they have rootbeer - I think the brand was Maine's American Root Beer or something?? They also had Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, which I of course bought a pack of.

Oh they're just the business. Whenever someone at work brings Hersheys back from the States, we always moan about the quality of American chocolate but savage the peanut butter cups. Yum.

A calorific weekend ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back