the ryanair rant thread (2 Viewers)

well I meant more from the consumer's pov
Ah I know, they're grand and all but you have to do so much fucking maths when booking with them to work out if spending 20 quid more on a flight that'll get you into the actual area you want to go and be treated like a human being is worth it.

They're everything that is wrong with the world and survive off Government subsidies just like every airline does while making a big deal about their business acumen, but yes, often you can get a very cheap flight with them that'll go where it's supposed to go and might even be on time (my experience with them being on time is no better or worse than any other airline.)

Booked a trip to Riga in April, Friday-May bank holiday Monday

Got an e-mail just now. They've moved the flights to the previous evening.

On the upside I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock for a 6:30 flight, on the downside it doesn't get in until near 11pm and we'll have to book another night's accommodation for when we'll get no enjoyment out of that day.

Booked a trip to Riga in April, Friday-May bank holiday Monday

Got an e-mail just now. They've moved the flights to the previous evening.

On the upside I don't have to get up at stupid o'clock for a 6:30 flight, on the downside it doesn't get in until near 11pm and we'll have to book another night's accommodation for when we'll get no enjoyment out of that day.
have you accommodation sorted for the extra night?

have you accommodation sorted for the extra night?

Yeah, I booked with the same hotel and added a note to them pointing out that we also have a reservation for subsequent days and they got back to me this morning saying that they'll assign us the same room for the whole visit.

I suppose we'll end up having the whole Friday there rather than spending half the day travelling and then waiting to be able to check in.

Yeah, I booked with the same hotel and added a note to them pointing out that we also have a reservation for subsequent days and they got back to me this morning saying that they'll assign us the same room for the whole visit.

I suppose we'll end up having the whole Friday there rather than spending half the day travelling and then waiting to be able to check in.
exactly, and there's the 2-hour time difference so it could be late afternoon before you're arriving anyway. No harm having the extra few hours if you're ok with the extra expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back