The Russian invasion of Ukraine (3 Viewers)

yer man Yevgeny loves stirring the shit..

"We are washing ourselves in blood. No one is bringing reserves. What they tell us is the deepest deception,"

yer man Yevgeny loves stirring the shit..

"We are washing ourselves in blood. No one is bringing reserves. What they tell us is the deepest deception,"

He's trying to pull the russian citizens in his direction. Putin has more or less told him to come back dead already.

absolutely - he never misses an opportunity.

Besides the horror of it all what Putin is dealing with now is nemisis #2 navalny just doing the odd PR appearance to retain enemy status, and Yevgeny trapped in Ukraine where i suspect Putin will keep him until the last second and then friendly fire him to kingdom come. Yevgeny could be affordable to a third party though and the second that becomes viable he's toast.

I get the impression that Ukraine are gently leaning on the Russian front now, seeing what happens.
If they see anything looking a bit creaky they have piles of well trained, well armed guys, that can get dispatched.

They seemed to be saying that Russia would be more looking for a stalemate type scenario, whereas Ukraine would be needing to avoid that scenario. The winter is more stalematey seeming, I think they are taking out bridges and supply / retreat in the last couple of days, so at some point in the next short while there might be some aggressive stuff kicking off?

If they don't kick Russia out of large chunks of the place by the winter, I was getting the impression that this is more winning for Russia than Ukraine.

I get the impression that Ukraine are gently leaning on the Russian front now, seeing what happens.
If they see anything looking a bit creaky they have piles of well trained, well armed guys, that can get dispatched.

They seemed to be saying that Russia would be more looking for a stalemate type scenario, whereas Ukraine would be needing to avoid that scenario. The winter is more stalematey seeming, I think they are taking out bridges and supply / retreat in the last couple of days, so at some point in the next short while there might be some aggressive stuff kicking off?

If they don't kick Russia out of large chunks of the place by the winter, I was getting the impression that this is more winning for Russia than Ukraine.

yep - 'winning' for the Russians in this context means simply hanging on to what they have, and not falling apart like last year. The Ukrainians need to have at least a similar level of success as last year to keep the tap open in terms of western support.

From what I've been reading the 'probing' approach is a lot of what's happening at the moment.

Even my war-lovin' bros at the institute for study of war have been saying the russian defensive strategy so far has been sound, at those lads are all about their doctrinal defenses n' stuffz

yep - 'winning' for the Russians in this context means simply hanging on to what they have, and not falling apart like last year. The Ukrainians need to have at least a similar level of success as last year to keep the tap open in terms of western support.

From what I've been reading the 'probing' approach is a lot of what's happening at the moment.

Even my war-lovin' bros at the institute for study of war have been saying the russian defensive strategy so far has been sound, at those lads are all about their doctrinal defenses n' stuffz
usual armchair general bollocks, but the obvious tactic seems to be taking (if available) intel about supply lines and hitting them constantly.
I guess I don't know how tooled up they are with those missiles that can get flown to exact locations, but the Russians are in occupied land, and therefore have to be running supplies to keep their troops going, no?

Like intuitively you'd think that stalemate type scenarios where the Russians just sit and hold would favour Ukraine, because there's an obvious avenue to grind away at them: hitting their supply lines, and then leaning on their front lines. But seemingly not.

usual armchair general bollocks, but the obvious tactic seems to be taking (if available) intel about supply lines and hitting them constantly.
I guess I don't know how tooled up they are with those missiles that can get flown to exact locations, but the Russians are in occupied land, and therefore have to be running supplies to keep their troops going, no?

Like intuitively you'd think that stalemate type scenarios where the Russians just sit and hold would favour Ukraine, because there's an obvious avenue to grind away at them: hitting their supply lines, and then leaning on their front lines. But seemingly not.

armchair general style reply: before the offensives last year they did a lot of long range strikes with those HIMAR yokes the US gave them, taking out ammo dumps (some of which were apparently so badly organized they were death traps even without missiles coming down), blowing up bridges etc.

I've read the Russians are now better at jamming these, also probably are a bit more organized/less stretched as they've been digging in since the autumn..

but to a large extent - who knows? the Ukrainians are very circumspect about what they say.. the Russians have gotten a better hold on their comms, and Yevgeny etc all have multiple axes to grind.

They defend the motherland that they can never actually inhabit. Tragic dolphin bastards.

Russia opened up attacks on lviv this week which is very close to the polish border. Like it's closer to Krakow than it is Kyiv. Ukraine et al can only attack supply lines and military people, Russia can mow civilians down 24/7 anywhere within the Ukrainian border. I'd imagine more hits on lviv are in the post as it stretches the aid lines across the entire ukrianian land mass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back