The Russian invasion of Ukraine (2 Viewers)

I think that the russians are going to launch a pretty huge counterattack in november and upset everyone’s expectations all over again.

like they’re in the middle of equipping an extra 300,000 lads, they’ve got to do something with them. china and india have just closed their embassies in ukraine again. lots of new activity on the belarus-ukraine border. winter is on the way.

but let’s see — I’ve been wrong plenty of times so far about all of this
sending in the 'B' team. I wouldn't hold out much hope for them.

sending in the 'B' team. I wouldn't hold out much hope for them.

there was a snippet from the guardian this morning (can't find it now) - some ukranian dude on the frontlines being interviewed - saying the russians were using these 'single use soldiers' in diversionary attacks, while the more experienced lads were in the main attack. Grim

there was a snippet from the guardian this morning (can't find it now) - some ukranian dude on the frontlines being interviewed - saying the russians were using these 'single use soldiers' in diversionary attacks, while the more experienced lads were in the main attack. Grim

you'd think in this day and age they could be recycled or something

This russian tank had its track blown off and the occupants killed but the engine was still running and it was still in gear so it went round in circles until

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he lists three options but leaves one possible cause out - that the ukrainians are dressing some lads up in russian uniforms and balaclavas and making propaganda videos.

he lists three options but leaves one possible cause out - that the ukrainians are dressing some lads up in russian uniforms and balaclavas and making propaganda videos.

They do mention that they try to buy food in the villages.
If it was a few Ukrainian lads playing Russians and making they might be tempted to say "take" rather than buy. But yeah, who knows.

People can't place Russian accents I'm guessing? Like if a bunch of Americans were pretending to be Welsh or something, it's going to fool zero people who've actually heard Welsh accents.

They do mention that they try to buy food in the villages.
If it was a few Ukrainian lads playing Russians and making they might be tempted to say "take" rather than buy. But yeah, who knows.

People can't place Russian accents I'm guessing? Like if a bunch of Americans were pretending to be Welsh or something, it's going to fool zero people who've actually heard Welsh accents.

it could be propaganda - but it probably reflects to some extent whats happening on the ground. A lot of lads seem to already be in Ukraine, with fuck all training, and in some cases having to buy their own gear if reports are to be believed. the best lie is close to the truth or summat

it could be propaganda - but it probably reflects to some extent whats happening on the ground. A lot of lads seem to already be in Ukraine, with fuck all training, and in some cases having to buy their own gear if reports are to be believed. the best lie is close to the truth or summat
yeah. I've heard this a lot alright.

But I've also heard that Jeremy Corbyn is antisemitic, or Shitstain had his bigley election victory robbed off him, a lot.

I'd agree though, it feels probably true on the whole. There is a consistent and diverse narrative where Russia is feeding bodies into the machine with fuck all regard those being fed in being any way prepared, but with all of this war stuff I'm never 100% sure I'm not in some alternative Qanon reality.

Any hope/expectation that this move signifies a weakening of Putin's position in the Kremlin?
I'm obviously referring to the claimed withdrawal from Kherson.

Hard to say...Looks like the defense minister is been thrown under the bus on this one. Putin absent from the meeting yesterday.

I guess if they withdraw as stated, and it turns into another rout then maybe, just maybe the pressure will mount

Interesting increase in rhetoric from US etc. in terms of negotiations at the moment as well.

ffs

Fog of war and all that, but reports coming in of things getting messy for the Russian retreat.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back