The Russian invasion of Ukraine (3 Viewers)

Listen, lads. Both of these groups - Azov and Right Sector - y'all keep bringing up like bogeymen, they both began after Russia invaded their country.
They didn't spring from the earth or from some burgeoning Nazi movement; your country gets invaded and people react, some extremely.
The brits roll tanks down from Newry and you'll see we have ultranationalists where before we had postmen and doctors.

The problem is Russia and Putin. A thug that runs a superpower.
It's not that it's the bigger problem, it's the cause of this other thing that people keep wringing their hands over.
Let's stop Putin slaughtering innocents and carpet bombing cities, and then we can worry about people with views we don't like.
Solve Putin, you solve Azov at the same time.

Be angry about the fascist government in Moscow the way you are angry about Azov. not just the war. The entire Putin regime. We already have fascists in power.

As for proxy war, the west has been dragged into this.
All they wanted to do sanction this prick like before.
The Ukrainian resistance forced a change in what's happening.
And we should be glad of it.

There's no both sides in this. There's just one side if you have any kind of moral compass.

Last edited:
Listen, lads. Both of these groups - Azov and Right Sector - y'all keep bringing up like bogeymen, they both began after Russia invaded their country.
They didn't spring from the earth or from some burgeoning Nazi movement; your country gets invaded and people react, some extremely.
The brits roll tanks down from Newry and you'll see we have ultranationalists where before we had postmen and doctors.

The problem is Russia and Putin. A thug that runs a superpower.
It's not that it's the bigger problem, it's the cause of this other thing that people keep wringing their hands over.
Let's stop Putin slaughtering innocents and carpet bombing cities, and then we can worry about people with views we don't like.
Solve Putin, you solve Azov at the same time.

Be angry about the fascist government in Moscow the way you are angry about Azov. not just the war. The entire Putin regime. We already have fascists in power.

As for proxy war, the west has been dragged into this.
All they wanted to do sanction this prick like before.
The Ukrainian resistance forced a change in what's happening.
And we should be glad of it.

There's no both sides in this. There's just one side if you have any kind of moral compass.
been through all this before let's just move on.
fingers crossed for Julia / unbiased reporting is good /Putin's invading army is the real enemy etc.
EDIT: and also throw in neo nazis in Ukraine is largely a smokescreen.

was going to write something similar.

The ukrainians have a history of fairly nasty nationalism/fascism around the 2nd world war, but a lot of what's sparked it in the recent past is a response to actual and perceived russian involvement in their country.

ok I started writing a big old reply here saying that you’re wrong because of X, Y, and Z, but half-way through I got so depressed at the idea of arguing about atrocity propaganda and nazi shit that I just gave up and deleted it. I can still try to make those points, if you’re interested, but at least right now I think I’ll just go and watch a movie. something fun.

The names may be from 2014 but the members didn't magically just become Nazis the day Russia invaded. The arguing back and forth on here over these groups is a bit mad though. They're admittedly sketch. The Russians latched onto this and that hardly makes them not sketch. Awful wasted of energy all round.

The names may be from 2014 but the members didn't magically just become Nazis the day Russia invaded. The arguing back and forth on here over these groups is a bit mad though. They're admittedly sketch. The Russians latched onto this and that hardly makes them not sketch. Awful wasted of energy all round.
Exactly
They're irrelevant to any discussion about the invasion and destruction of Ukraine

The main thing lads, and I've had more than a few, is that I've known many of you online or in real life for years and and years and years, is that I think you're all fundamental decent folk trying to make your way through the world making sense of it, is that none of this talk actually matters a jot. So there's little point in building grudges out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back