The Russian invasion of Ukraine (5 Viewers)

it was all a 'my mickey is bigger than your mickey' exercise.

The Russians said they never intended to invade. No one in Ukraine believed Russia were going to invade. Only dopes in this part of the world, and America, did.

It was Russia's 'we haven't gone away, you know', moment

Putin has played a blinder. he hugely took the heat off himself domestically and put his grievances with NATO back on the agenda. NATO and the western media have been made look extremely paranoid and ignornant about issues in the region. the price of oil and gas is soaring. job done.

Putin has played a blinder. he hugely took the heat off himself domestically and put his grievances with NATO back on the agenda. NATO and the western media have been made look extremely paranoid and ignornant about issues in the region. the price of oil and gas is soaring. job done.
and he exposed both the British and US governments as idiots, not that he needed to try that hard to do that

No chance he's rattled enough people's cages for Euro countries to get their energy supply in order then?

Putin's just demonstrated, again, he can rub everyone's face in it at any time of his choosing. Could you argue that at some point he's coming close to stepping over the line and forcing people to actually address the problem? Ie Germany etc are completely dependent on Russian energy.

Or would that be a naive thing to think.

What about the argument that he's just run a massive advertising campaign for NATO? No?

the whole raft of stories a few days back about ukrainian grandmothers taking up rifles seemed almost like the perfect viral story for the anti-putin, pro-west set. and it pretty much got reported uncritically — front page photos, zippy articles about civil training and democratic resolve against the baddies.

it’s a pity, then, that the whole thing was a set-up by the azov battalion, an extreme-right ukrainian nazi group. it’s a bit crazy that if you look around for it in the english-language media, the nazi connection is only really reported as a kind of gonzo weirdness — like this article from vice, for example:

of course, anyone who starts thinking and saying things like “hey, wait a minute, why am I getting nazi propaganda on my front pages” is clearly a victim of russian misinformation and should be ignored

the whole raft of stories a few days back about ukrainian grandmothers taking up rifles seemed almost like the perfect viral story for the anti-putin, pro-west set. and it pretty much got reported uncritically — front page photos, zippy articles about civil training and democratic resolve against the baddies.

it’s a pity, then, that the whole thing was a set-up by the azov battalion, an extreme-right ukrainian nazi group. it’s a bit crazy that if you look around for it in the english-language media, the nazi connection is only really reported as a kind of gonzo weirdness — like this article from vice, for example:

of course, anyone who starts thinking and saying things like “hey, wait a minute, why am I getting nazi propaganda on my front pages” is clearly a victim of russian misinformation and should be ignored

In the last few days one of the news aggrigator Irish lads, Chambers or Reilly was RTing stuff about some Irish guy in Kiev who said that he'd been there for 19 years, wouldn't be coming home, and would in fact be prepared to take up arms against invading Russians. I wonder who it'd be that'd supply the arms and train him in its use.

In the last few days one of the news aggrigator Irish lads, Chambers or Reilly was RTing stuff about some Irish guy in Kiev who said that he'd been there for 19 years, wouldn't be coming home, and would in fact be prepared to take up arms against invading Russians. I wonder who it'd be that'd supply the arms and train him in its use.
The FCA

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back