the RTE thread (1 Viewer)

Apparently RTE are all still working in cubicles
Seems odd

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I walked through there one time on my way to and from John Murray's show. So weird to see the likes of Dave Fanning in an open plan office situation exactly the the one I work(ed) in. Not as ground shaking as most celebrity encounters stories but still..it's all I've got.

Was bitching about Ray D'Arcy to an RTE insider recently, and he says that RTE didn't give a shit how many listeners Ray got after they poached him from TodayFM - all they cared about was hurting his former employer

Playback always has a segment from him
Like it's in his contract

And that was done when there was an employment fatwa at Montrose over the economy crashing
They explained it that a sponsor (VW or something) was covering his costs

He is the voice of middle Ireland's housewives
And I hate him

I walked through there one time on my way to and from John Murray's show. So weird to see the likes of Dave Fanning in an open plan office situation exactly the the one I work(ed) in. Not as ground shaking as most celebrity encounters stories but still..it's all I've got.
I meant working in cubicles with that bug that's been going around

Cool that Dave Fanning is your best mate tho :)

Ads I Hate - those ones on RTE for the Ray Darcy show where the play a clip from the Ray Darcy show with of Ray chatting with a guest and laughing manically with no context as to why this was an amusing conversation. All the other shows also have these irritating ads. I wish they'd cut it out.

Has anyone noticed weird pronunciation things on RTE recently? It's like they've all been instructed to go overboard on clearly enunciating their Ts and on pronouncing any Irish words with pronounced accent.

Don't really get the D'Arcy hate. He's pretty bland but seems harmless enough and a decent enough type. I'd prefer to reserve my ire for the likes of Yates, Hook etc. And I loathe Tubridy like no other. I suppose I should admit that I had a piss next to D'Arcy once in the jacks in RTE.

Don't really get the D'Arcy hate. He's pretty bland but seems harmless enough and a decent enough type. I'd prefer to reserve my ire for the likes of Yates, Hook etc. And I loathe Tubridy like no other. I suppose I should admit that I had a piss next to D'Arcy once in the jacks in RTE.
I am not even sure why I hate Darcy; I just hang all of the negative attributes of middle Ireland domesticity on him.
He's probably sound to have a piss next to, in fairness.

Has anyone noticed weird pronunciation things on RTE recently? It's like they've all been instructed to go overboard on clearly enunciating their Ts and on pronouncing any Irish words with pronounced accent.

yeah - i think you're right, this has gotten worse recently.
there's something funny going on - the newswomen folk especially.

they hardly speak so precisely all the time - sounds silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back