the RTE thread (3 Viewers)

Ronan sings...

"Others find pleasure in things I despise, I like the Christian life"
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

turns out john kelly's mystery train is back on the air, 7-9pm. never got into his afternoon show - wrong time for me/not great driving music. the one time i did listen, i was reversing out of a parking space on main st. swinford when the innocuous piece he was playing suddenly erupted with the sound of a car horn - i thought i was about to cause a pile-up. but 7-9pm seems like a decent slot.

So this seems a constant weekly topic in the Sunday independent (I think they have a list of regular topics that when they need articles, will include)

http://m.independent.ie/business/me...te-30m-to-carry-its-tv-channels-35424101.html

Is it me or if this comes to pass, sky and virgin will write to their customers

"As rte are getting €30million, well we'll pass this increased cost to you. Bye now and it will be in your next bill"

It would almost be funny if it didn't basically guarantee a hike in the tv licence fee along with zero improvement to any of their services. I mean RTE could hardly be more shite. Their programs are spectacularly awful and the RTE player literally isn't fit for purpose. I thought I was finally going to get some use out of them during the recent world cup but the quality on the player was so bad that I had to go back to the dodgy sites to get a watchable stream. At the risk of sounding like a taxi driver what do pay for? I mean I'm not against public service broadcasting per se (nor indeed the orchestra etc) but I literally get nothing out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back