the RTE thread (1 Viewer)

Still waiting for Live at 3 to appear on Netflix!

RTE aired this on Monday night

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reading about one of the rte prank shows, the one about going through a person's someones social media sounds a bit creepy to me.

Although I am a bit scared to criticise it in case they try to target me and my social media offerings (that's my 16 thumped posts and my book forum posts)

Reading about one of the rte prank shows, the one about going through a person's someones social media sounds a bit creepy to me.

Although I am a bit scared to criticise it in case they try to target me and my social media offerings (that's my 16 thumped posts and my book forum posts)
There's preview videos of it & the entire series appears to be a rip of this:

anyone watch the 'great irish sell-off' (and claire byrne) tonight? well done to rte on being about 3 years late to the party. seemed pretty biased to me e.g. if they're going to do a stats-based piece and mention an increase from 10% of one figure to 55% of another, they need to tell us what the respective figures are.

a few decent (if brief) talking heads - i.m.f.'s ashoka mody was good ("ireland needs to grow up"); chomsky ("if the govt. did nothing it's because the public did nothing"); even david ehrlich was frank - but it seemed mostly to be an excuse for ian kehoe to jet off to uk/us/spain.

best voice all night was ross maguire (on claire byrne). rte had found an unfortunate guy in mitchelstown who'd lost his business, whose wife then died and who was facing imminent eviction at the hands of a vulture fund. he was in the doc and was also brought into studio for claire byrne. in 30 seconds, maguire gave him the hope for the future that rte couldn't (or wouldn't).

really poor television (and that's not counting the alt-right piece they shoehorned into the claire byrne show which merited more time (and better moderation) than it was afforded).

Just heard that they've all lost their jobs. I worked there for a while so I know some of the guys who are out on their ear. It'll have a big impact on Leixlip.

The guy who is standing in for Ronan Collins has atrocious taste in music.

Just had to share that opinion.

Thanks.

The Iona Institute being given more airtime on RTE Radio1 right now.

An organisation comprising 6 people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back