the RTE thread (1 Viewer)

Why is RTE DriveTime giving over sooo much time to Grenfell and people in England with cladding problems

Like beyond Kingspan's involvement, who in Ireland cares about people in Bolton with dodgy cladding?
Or cares enough to give 20 minutes a goddamn day on it.

I was thinking self awareness has gotta be on the wane over there at the minute.

This bit of copypaste from a press release has wording 100% written for the UK market and while RTE did rephrase it in the article, they left the UK phrasing in the tweet. I mean if you don't like being called a west brit, then stop acting the west brit :p
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 18.17.17.png

Interestingly the same PR was run by bbc and guardian a few days back with the same text as RTE.

Katy Thornton of Lovin.ie does a good job of extracting the relevance for the irish reader here (see below image) - hotpress went with copy and paste same as RTE

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 18.20.49.png

End of an era. I haven't listened to him in about 30 years but his show was important to teenage me.

Was he even still doing the weekday shows?

End of an era. I haven't listened to him in about 30 years but his show was important to teenage me.

he's going to RTE Gold. Ronan Collins starts a radio show over there next week. They're going back to a full daytime schedule and its gonna be deadly. I've been a fan of the station for a few years now.

Same

He was on Brendan or someone there a few weeks ago, and said he stopped keeping up with music ages ago
Which was kinda why I listened to him way back when

Like not sure what he had to offer if he wasn't out there keeping on top of things.

Why do we even listen to RTE music stations when we have the internet anyways?

Same

He was on Brendan or someone there a few weeks ago, and said he stopped keeping up with music ages ago
Which was kinda why I listened to him way back when

Like not sure what he had to offer if he wasn't out there keeping on top of things.

Why do we even listen to RTE music stations when we have the internet anyways?
I like the randomness. I hate it when the dj lists everything they're going to play

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back