The Rock (1 Viewer)

spuded

Website
www.geocities.com
anyone check out this record station yet. I was in my car the other day and while not wanting to listen to the same rory gallagher cd for the umpteenth time in a row I put on the radio and came across this little gem at 94.9 fm. According to their website they only actually have a licence for friday, saturday and sunday up until December 7th but I for one really hope it continues. The first time I listened in the played Alternative Ulster, London Calling, When I Come Around and some ACDC back to back. The next time I listened in it was Pink floyd followed by Grahm Parsons followed by Hawkwind.
Not usually a massive fan of the radio but this station makes for deadly listening in work..|..|

Also the have some excellent themed shows, such as one where they just play live tracks by various bands for a couple of hours.

i've had it on the last few weekends during the day. It's ok. they play the same stuff a lot of the time. one show i was listening to played the same who song twice in about an hour and a half. i haven't heard any of the evening shows

It would be better if the dj's were better. They've made inexcusable mistakes such as "That was Paranoid by Ozzy Osbourne" and "Was Rod Stewart in the Faces"

damnit Edser. I thought this was going to be about yer man from 'the mummy'...... not that that would have been any more interesting.....

This is how I felt when I first had The Rock on my car radio.

r251162_1032368.jpg

anyone check out this record station yet. I was in my car the other day and while not wanting to listen to the same rory gallagher cd for the umpteenth time in a row I put on the radio and came across this little gem at 94.9 fm. According to their website they only actually have a licence for friday, saturday and sunday up until December 7th but I for one really hope it continues. The first time I listened in the played Alternative Ulster, London Calling, When I Come Around and some ACDC back to back. The next time I listened in it was Pink floyd followed by Grahm Parsons followed by Hawkwind.
Not usually a massive fan of the radio but this station makes for deadly listening in work..|..|

Also the have some excellent themed shows, such as one where they just play live tracks by various bands for a couple of hours.

Yeah, it's pretty good, Daragh has it on all the time over in Mountjoy street

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back