The Queen (1 Viewer)

5729800379_fb88c5bd61_o.png

I was at that gig. I was 12. I vaguely remember all the rubbish that was on sale. Mostly I remember having to walk for miles to get to the venue. We missed the whole of the Bangles, but we could hear them while we were walking. Good times.

I was at that gig. I was 12. I vaguely remember all the rubbish that was on sale. Mostly I remember having to walk for miles to get to the venue. We missed the whole of the Bangles, but we could hear them while we were walking. Good times.

For shame.

Come with me to see them next time they're here, they're always here.

Fuck sake. Had to walk from Ballyfermot into city centre, and then double back through some of the park as parts were closed. It looks mad, cops on all the corners, cops hanging around the fort, loads of them around the courts, a plane flying slowly over the north side, helicopters everywhere, and of course the city centre. At least they know how to make a functioning police state now, anyway. Pricks.

yeah well, i reckon it's class. the majority of people initially reacted to the idea with the usual anti-british sentiment and kneejerk nationalism, but as it has played out the general reaction has actually been positive and a lot of people who felt angry towards britain have changed their attitudes. it's humanised the queen to ireland; especially just seeing her as a tired little old lady having to stand and greet endless people for the sake of national relations. anyone who wants to keep a fight going at this stage is a dick and should be excluded from getting ice-pops.

yeah well, i reckon it's class. the majority of people initially reacted to the idea with the usual anti-british sentiment and kneejerk nationalism, but as it has played out the general reaction has actually been positive and a lot of people who felt angry towards britain have changed their attitudes. it's humanised the queen to ireland; especially just seeing her as a tired little old lady having to stand and greet endless people for the sake of national relations. anyone who wants to keep a fight going at this stage is a dick and should be excluded from getting ice-pops.

thats it exactly. The worst attitudes I've come across are those of indifference. People are either happy about it or don't give a shit. I don't think many outside of Republican Sinn Fein/Eirigi are overly unhappy about it. Yes, theres the traffic and general mayhem that closed roads caused. But its only a few days so fuck it. And its been deadly cycling around town without cars parked on the side of the road. The queen should come here all the time.

And herself and Mary look like they're good buddies at this stage. Fair play to them all I say. Hopefully we'll get her back again sometime, without the need for the snipers and 100 gards per square foot of town.

Is there an Obama thread yet? called 'The King' perhaps?

I almost want to get Monday off to go to his college green speech. Which i'm surprised at.

is it ticketed or can anyone turn up?

I was reading about it there. Anyone can go but you'll be searched and metal detected heading in. He'll speak for 10-15 minutes and thats it. The speech will be given behind a plexi-glass screen (for security reasons no less). And its at 5 in the evening. Traffic chaos anyone?

I'll be in work and Roger Waters plays the point. That'll do me.

I don't want to listen to him anyway. The plexiglass screen will make it a bit odd. It'd be terrific if Obama turned up on top of the wall to sing the chorus of comfortably numb. the possibility almost has me tempted to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back