The Queen (1 Viewer)

Yeah true enough, The Queen is just like any other foreign dignitary, it'd a mad surprise if some people objected to her visiting, it's not like there's any historical context to take into consideration or anything, good point

well that aplies to the pope, obama, the dalai lama, the ecb, the IMF and about a million other people who the irish have bitter potatoes for.

Yeah true enough, The Queen is just like any other foreign dignitary, it'd a mad surprise if some people objected to her visiting, it's not like there's any historical context to take into consideration or anything, good point

Of course people will object and of course she's not the same as others, but the current government, in all their wisdom, are trying to project the notion that we have reached the point where we can officially treat the Queen as just like any other dignitary. So my point is that it's naive of you to expect that they would 'consult' the Irish people on the matter, for crying out loud. 'Fascist state' my fucking arse.

And in case it's not already abundantly clear to you that it's possible to hold one opinion while understanding the mindset of someone with another opinion, I have no time whatsoever for the Queen of England.

I don't have much time for the British Monarchy* and I do think it's about time they did away with it but.... well it's not our monarchy is it? It's not our battle to fight. It's the British public who need to cop on about that.

As it stands she's a foreign dignitary and should get they respect they all get (i.e. no one should care). Anyway it's about time she visited, especially with the past 100 years we've had; we should be trying to patch things up with our closest neighbour.

Having said that, the map would look nicer if the six counties were part of Ireland. No one ever thinks of the cartography of the issue : /

* a blatent lie, I find it all fascinating.

* a blatent lie, I find it all fascinating.

IS HER NIECE COMING.

A THOUSAND WELCOMES PRINCESS IN LAW MIDDLETON

Pippa+Middleton+Day+Glo+Midnight+Roller+Disco+5CEDis3SNfgl.jpg

there are a pile of armchair types on my facebook all going spa about it 24hours a day. check out the chieftans facebook wall for further reading. also they had a whole campaign against mary byrne yesterday. saps.

Is their album with Ry Cooder any good?

edit: wow, just saw the page. That's a bit..... horrible isn't it?

They should have renamed him the fields of athenRy Cooder for the album

Under what power are the cops entitled to do this:

For security reasons, there will be periodic searches of pedestrians and vehicles by members of An Garda Síochána at key locations.

And what are the consequences of someone refusing to submit to same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back