The punk book thread. (1 Viewer)

And if anyone has a copy of the Going Underground book they are finished with I'll trade records or cd's whatever for it.

I've a copy of the Philo book up for grabs.

I'd say yer probs right there G..The one I just read is desperate.Bit of a laugh but.
i'll never forget the Steve Marriot book written by that uber mod geezer Paolo sopmething,complete gobshite.Fucking atrocious.

Just occured to me.This could be a totally Janer free thread.
Janer+books?
I don't think so.

:p

I'd imagine there's potential for a really good book about Marriot. What a voice.

Yeah I was all hyped up when i got that particular tome.Yer man could hardly string a sentence all over.

Planet Joe - Joe Cole
Joe Coles journal entries while touring with Black Flag and Rollins Band.

The Anti-Matter Anthology - Norman Brannon
Various interviews with the likes of Quicksand, SOIA, Ian MacKaye, Jawbox, Judge, Samiam, Dave Smalley and loads more taken from Anti Matter zine.

I have Rollins get in the van & the Joe Cole book, from my brief interest in as the American's say " ponk rawk"

This band could be....as well.

Zona Especial Noise by David von Rivers is huge 700 page history of Spanish punk through the 80's from early punk through HC, radikal rock, thrash and grind.
it's a huge sociological study of the punk scene relating the Spanish DIY scene to the political and music situation in Spain and the rest of the world.

noisy bands like RUIDO DE RABIA, HHH, SUBTERRANEAN KIDS and even TORTURA SISTEMATIKA (proto grind noise band who sound like RAPT or PROTES BENGT from 84/85 pre R.D.R.) are heavily featured.
I don't speak Spanish but this is amazing not too difficult to understand most of (as with any Spanish) and is worth it for the photos and clippings alone.
stunning piece of work and a huge labour of love

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back