The pros and cons of hitchhiking (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
pros.gif

Roger Waters, underrated songwriter

nglfjsdahfkbth, you got this?

snakybus said:
pros.gif

Roger Waters, underrated songwriter

nglfjsdahfkbth, you got this?

this album is a masterpiece. its up there with animals for me as top pink floyd album. i kinda wish eric clapton wasnt on it but at least his playing here is mostly just pointless at its worst and quite good at its best (as opposed to utterly ghastly as he ususally is). the lyrics are really good in a slightly demented way and the playing is superb. roger gives it loads of welly on the vox, especially on the more ridiculous lines, and the drums are savage. savage altogether! this is one of the most unfairly underrated albums ever and i :heart::heart::heart: it.

seanc said:
Thought this was gonna be about hitchhiking.

for shame, for shame

oh.kayyyyyy. tsk
well lets talk about hitchhiking then. i havent done it for years. i used like it but now feel silly and scabby for not just getting the bus. and i dont like tramping around all these new by-passes around towns trying to get to a good spot to hitch. my daily distance record stands at approx 700km.

700km!! did you lost in offaly?:p

I gave up on hitchhiking in the 90's maaaan, I'd rather shell out the cash than make conversation with people.

This also involved evolving techniques to avoid people on buses/trains talking to me, preferably not even sitting beside me.

Igor said:
700km!! did you lost in offaly?:p

I gave up on hitchhiking in the 90's maaaan, I'd rather shell out the cash than make conversation with people.

This also involved evolving techniques to avoid people on buses/trains talking to me, preferably not even sitting beside me.

wasnt awfully but france. its bigger than awfully, bigger than ireland even!

i hate having people sitting beside me on the public transport too. a good tip i got about trains was to always sit towards the middle of the carriage- that way when old people get on the people nearest the doors will be the ones who have to give up their seats. some old people will put on a display of pretending to look for an empty seat further in but they'll never get past the second seat before silently forcing someone out of their seat. im no good for brazening it out and waiting for someone else to get up so the sitting in the middle thing is good for conscientious and socially responsible people like me.

Igor said:

i find that rocking back and forth and talking to yourself whenever someone boards the train/bus usually ensures that you'll make the journey in a solo stylee...:D

wasnt awfully but france. its bigger than awfully, bigger than ireland even!

France eh! Have you ever done the hitch in amerika?

On topic: I find eating food is one of the simplest and best deterrents, especially messy food, plus, you get to eat food: smelly food though can leave you open to receiving 'the evils' from the most distant of passengers.

Miss Piggy said:
this album is a masterpiece. its up there with animals for me as top pink floyd album. i kinda wish eric clapton wasnt on it but at least his playing here is mostly just pointless at its worst and quite good at its best (as opposed to utterly ghastly as he ususally is). the lyrics are really good in a slightly demented way and the playing is superb. roger gives it loads of welly on the vox, especially on the more ridiculous lines, and the drums are savage. savage altogether! this is one of the most unfairly underrated albums ever and i :heart::heart::heart: it.
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Please no, this album fucking awful awful awful shit. I have it on vinyl. To think he made Final Cut just a few years earlier? How did he lose it so bad? This is muck. No wonder they made the Wall instead of this!
Rather listen to the hilarious Division Bell than this.

coast to coast said:
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Please no, this album fucking awful awful awful shit. I have it on vinyl. To think he made Final Cut just a few years earlier? How did he lose it so bad? This is muck. No wonder they made the Wall instead of this!
Rather listen to the hilarious Division Bell than this.

shut up.

this pisses all over the final cut. the final cut has only 3 or 4 classic tunes (magnificent classics, i admit). P&COH is classic from START TO FINISH. i have it on vinyl too. amused to death? you'll never catch me trying to defend that nonsense! i listened to it twice last month and its mental in its silliness. you couldnt even use good or bad about it

Igor said:
France eh! Have you ever done the hitch in amerika?

quote]

i did, and it was hilarious. me and a friend were travelling by greyhound and met this vietnam vet. his pick up was parked at the bus station when we arrived and he offered us a lift. He had the strongest grass, which he bought from an indian reservation, and we all shared a joint before getting in.
it was straight out of the big lebowski.This guy drove sooooooooooooo slowly that people on the street were shouting at him. He dropped the still lit, arse of the joint into his crotch and started swerving all over the street while he tried to retrieve it. then he pulled into a gas station and got out without putting on the hand brake. i was so stoned i couldn't be sure we were rolling backwards until we were out on the street! when we arrived where we were staying he drove stright in to the neighbours bin ( in slow motion) and spilt shit all over the street.

hitchhiking in the carribean rocks. as soon as you raise yr hand someone stops.

and again. anyone else still excited about this?

let me dig out some entertaining lines from it...

I awoke in a fever
The bedclothes were all soaked in sweat
She said "You've been having a nightmare
And it's not over yet"
Then she picked up the doggy in the window
The one with the waggly tail
And she put him to bed between two bits of bread

Did you understand the music Yoko
Or was it all in vain?
The bitch said something mystical
So I stepped back on the kerb again

She waits for the real Mr. Right to come
Gently removing her heart
With his promises of real communication
Who's always picking up the tab
Who built a bungalow for his mum and dad
Man :"Me....."
Who took you out to all the shows
Who worked his fingers to the bone
Man :"Me...."
While you were asleep
Man :"It was me...I did"
I kept you in buttons and bows
Man :"Christ all those clothes"
So you could encourage this creep

As the first snowflakes fell
I realised all was not well in the camp
The kids caught bronchits
The space heater ran out of diesel
One weekend a friend from the East
Rot his soul
Stole your heart
I said "Fuck it then

And so...leaving all our hopes and dreams
To the wind and the rain
Taking only our stash
Left our litter and trash
And set out on the road again
On the road again

shut up.

this pisses all over the final cut. the final cut has only 3 or 4 classic tunes (magnificent classics, i admit). P&COH is classic from START TO FINISH. i have it on vinyl too. amused to death? you'll never catch me trying to defend that nonsense! i listened to it twice last month and its mental in its silliness. you couldnt even use good or bad about it

i'm one of the people you might have to hate by default for really not ever liking the final cut. i dont even know why. i might road test this one though and see what i make of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back