the Organ (1 Viewer)

Psychotic no 2

These girls are my new favourite band. Loving their album. It's like early Smiths, except girls. .|..|

nme5.jpg

I dunno, I heard this a couple of years ago and wasn't mad on it, don't really like the vocals at all though the smiths comparison is spot on. Apparently they're touring europe at the moment, we were talking to lezzies on x about them the other day.

kirstie said:
I dunno, I heard this a couple of years ago and wasn't mad on it, don't really like the vocals at all though the smiths comparison is spot on. Apparently they're touring europe at the moment, we were talking to lezzies on x about them the other day.

Yeah, yer woman is a strange attempt at Debbie Harry I think. It's taken me several listens to get into it in on more than a 'this sounds just like the smiths' first album' level but I really like it now. The songs are really sad :(.

I can only see a date for Hamburg on their tour list. If they come, I'm going to see them. Will they be better than Electrelane though Kirstie...?;) Do lesbians on x like 'em?

I might dig it out again and give it another listen so. They're mates with them, I think they gave cheryl a contact for them so you never know..

i queued for two hours to see them in paris last summer, only to be told the venue was full. turns out the singer was sick on the night and they got a girl from the crowd to try and sing a few songs with them, so it probably worked out for the best that i didn't make it in.

grab that gun has some good catchy songs, but it's a bit samey in places. nice organ sound though :)

urgghhh, that sounds awful. I would have to have thrown a wobbler if I paid in just to see some French chick attempt to sing their songs.

Is it a farfisa on the album?

kirstie said:
I might dig it out again and give it another listen so. They're mates with them, I think they gave cheryl a contact for them so you never know..

i like this album, but like you said edel, it took a while for me to get into it. it's very very sad though.
lezzies on x gave me their euro tour guy's details. i might get in touch so i can be their "real" friends rather than just my space friends..

cheryl said:
i like this album, but like you said edel, it took a while for me to get into it. it's very very sad though.
lezzies on x gave me their euro tour guy's details. i might get in touch so i can be their "real" friends rather than just my space friends..

You and your famous friends - bring them to Ireland.:)

the organ are great. that albums deadly, particularly that song "memorise the city" the last track.

cheryl said:

I saw lezzies on x support le tigre last year...um, they weren't very good. they wore a lot of leather. But I await being surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back